Larger than some of the world’s most popular holiday destinations (Italy, Japan and Portugal to name just a few), Newfoundland and Labrador is an incredibly beautiful island home to less than 550,000 people.
That means there’s lots of space, lots of peace, and lots of amazing natural sights to explore.
Newfoundland almost seems like its own country – with a distinctive dialect, otherworldly landscapes and even its own time zone!
Immerse yourself in the culture of this island, and be enchanted by its unique identity.
Newfoundland is the perfect setting for an active Canada holiday and those looking for adventure will find it in abundance here. From snowboarding to skiing, kayaking to hiking, the island’s natural beauty is the perfect setting for exhilarating outdoor experiences. Enjoy incredible nature adventures including whale watching and iceberg spotting, and admire beautiful landscapes ranging from icy waters to rocky beaches.
There are plenty of charming villages and coastal towns to be explored in the province, and everywhere you go there is a fascinating history to be discovered. Learn about the thousands of years of human history on the island, from the aboriginal people to the European settlers, and spend afternoons wandering the many interesting museums and heritage sites.
- Enjoy sailing around Witless Bay Ecological Reserve, home to thousands of Atlantic Puffins.
- Enjoy a cruise through the land-locked fjord of Western Brook Pond.
- Drive along the Viking Trails and stop at tiny fishing villages enroute to Saint Anthony.
- Discover the remains of an 11th-century Vikings settlement at L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site.
- Sail around pretty Lunenberg Bay with a local sailboat captain on a private charter voyage
- Embark on a private whale watching excursion from St Andrews, New Brunswick with a local marine biologist
- Spend three days at the award-winning Fogo Island Inn and explore this remarkable remote island
- Discover Quidi Vidi, a scenic fishing village in St John's and the National Historic site of Cape Spear
- Look out for woodland caribou while driving through the scenic Avalon Peninsula, whales and puffins at Witless Bay Ecological Reserve and gannets at ape St. Mary’s Ecological Reserve Seabird Sanctuary
- Visit historic lighthouses such Cape Race Lighthouse, where on April 14th, 1912 this station received distress calls from the HMS Titanic
- Drive along the Viking Trail, stopping to visit Port au Choix National Historic Site, and stay at the original light keepers residence on the remote Quirpon Island
- Discover the diversity landscapes and history while visiting all four of Atlantic Canada's provinces
- Visit seven of Atlantic Canada's magnificent national parks
- Spend a day on one of Canada's most spectacular scenic drives - The Cabot Trail
- Explore and hike through one of Canada's most breath-taking settings - Gros Morne National Park
- Enjoy an unforgettable wildlife experience as you board a cruise from Bay Bulls to cliffs that are home to Atlantic Puffins.
- Explore the colorful row houses of the downtown area of St. John's or discover the walking trails on your way to Signal Hill.
- Enjoy a guided hike and marvel at the jaw-dropping views of the East Coast Trail.
- Feast on a gourmet picnic surrounded by breath-taking scenery at the historic Ferryland Lighthouse.
- Start your day with a hearty brunch at Mallard Cottage before exploring the charming Petty Harbour.
- Embark on a cruise to the incredible Witless Bay Ecological Reserve; the area attracts over 2.5 million seabirds and is a feeding ground for whales
- Visit the red and white striped Bonavista Lighthouse and replica of John Cabot’s ship, a Venetian explorer
- Hike the 3.2-mile circle around Skerwink Head; here you may spot seabirds & whales, if you are here in spring or early summer yo may even spot icebergs floating off shore
- Enjoy a city tour around St John's and visit some of its highlights such as the National Historic site of Cape Spear and the Signal Hill.
- Join a cruise through "The Narrows", home to the world’s largest concentration of humpback whales
- Immerse yourself in the unique lifestyle of Fogo Island with a three-hour guided walking tour.
- Enjoy the many family friendly hiking trails around the city, to Quidi Vidi Lake or even St John’s Haunted Hike
- Look out for Caribou roaming on the Avalon Peninsula or seabirds and humpback whales on your cruise around Witless Bay Ecological Reserve
- Immerse yourself in the great outdoors with swimming, picnics and white water rafting in the wild central region
- Hike through jaw dropping scenery at Gros Morne National Park and explore Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse and Gros Morne Wildlife Museum
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details