From wineries to whale watching, Nova Scotia holidays offer local charm and natural splendour, only a six-hour flight from the UK.
Nova Scotia holidays are packed with delights - the striking landscapes to the rich cultural heritage, the thousands of miles of coastline to the abundant indigenous wildlife. Stay in one place or ask a Travel Specialist to create a bespoke, multi-centre itinerary focussing on the highlights of this Canadian province.
An abundance of museums and historic sites here means there’s plenty of culture to soak up too, whilst the National Parks of Cape Breton Highlands and Kejimkujik – not to mention 120 additional provincial parks - offer wild and rugged landscapes just waiting to be explored.
Whale watching is big here too, with sightings of around 15 species possible near Nova Scotia’s shores.
Wherever you chose to visit, you’ll find a warm welcome and a pleasing culinary scene. ‘Fresh and local’ isn’t a trend here; it’s just the way it’s always been, and dining by the beach at an authentic lobster shack at least once on a stay in Nova Scotia is a must for fans of seafood.
What’s more, Nova Scotia is surprisingly convenient to get to. Flights from the UK take less than six hours, and with only a four-hour time difference you don’t need to worry about the dreaded jet lag ruining your time away.
So, what are you waiting for?
Where to go in Nova Scotia
The Prince George Hotel is in the heart of downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia, with easy access to all of the city’s shopping, restaurants and attractions such as the bustling waterfront and Halifax Citadel National Historic Site. The hotel offers 201 rooms and suites, including those that offer an elevated Crown Service which benefits from exclusive access to the Six:Seventeen Lounge, where a compl...
The Lord Nelson Hotel was originally built in 1928 and is a landmark building in the city of Halifax. There have been additions made to the hotel over the years but it has retained its historic elegance throughout. The hotel sits on the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street, overlooking the 16-acre Victorian era Halifax Public Gardens. The hotel offers 260 fresh and elegantly appoint...
- Discover the vibrant and historic waterfront of Halifax.
- Join Peggy’s Cove Tour and explore this picture-perfect fishing village.
- Sail out on a Nature and Whale Watching Cruise for an opportunity to see marine life.
- Explore Halifax waterfront and learn more about its rich maritime history.
- Immerse yourself in the spectacular scenery as you wind your way through Cabot Trail.
- Enjoy a ‘living museum’ experience at the Fortress of Louisburg National Historic Site.
- Drive through the scenic Bras d’Or Lake designated as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Stroll along the historic waterfront of Halifax pass restaurants, cafes and boutique shops.
- Take the opportunity to play a round of golf at the award-winning Algonquin Golf Course during your stay at St. Andrews.
- Spend a full day exploring the historical landmarks of Charlottetown or feast on locally caught lobsters.
- Drive through Cabot Trail, one of Canada's most spectacular scenic highways.
- Discover Halifax's vibrant waterfront and museums showcasing it maritime and immigration history
- Nova Scotia has over 8000 miles of coastline dotted with picturesque villages and harbour towns such as Peggys Cove and Lunenberg
- Follow the Evangeline Trail, a coastal route alongside the shore of the magnificent Bay of Fundy; the landscape is teeming with birds, wildlife and wild flowers
- Spend a day at Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site, the largest historical reconstruction in North America
The Hollis Halifax is a DoubleTree Suite by Hilton Hotel. Located downtown, The Hollis Halifax is perfectly situated to explore the city’s attractions and is only one block back from Halifax’s historic waterfront. All 120 rooms at The Hollis Halifax are decorated in a modern style and offer complimentary wi-fi, modern amenities and pillow-top beds. The hotel’s leisurely facilities include a compa...
The boutique Halliburton Hotel in downtown Halifax offers an intimate setting and personal service that is often only found in a small privately owned and managed hotel. The Halliburton is set just two blocks back from the historic Halifax Waterfront and a short stroll from attractions such as the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market and Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21. The Halliburton is a c...
- Discover the diversity landscapes and history while visiting all four of Atlantic Canada's provinces
- Visit seven of Atlantic Canada's magnificent national parks
- Spend a day on one of Canada's most spectacular scenic drives - The Cabot Trail
- Explore and hike through one of Canada's most breath-taking settings - Gros Morne National Park
- Sail around pretty Lunenberg Bay with a local sailboat captain on a private charter voyage
- Embark on a private whale watching excursion from St Andrews, New Brunswick with a local marine biologist
- Spend three days at the award-winning Fogo Island Inn and explore this remarkable remote island
Find out more in our blog...
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details