Truly immerse yourself in all things Canadian, with a stop on your tour to the nation’s capital, Ottawa. Highlights include a trip to see Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal, shopping and dining, and of course Canada’s specialty...thrilling outdoor adventures.
Canada’s capital city is a destination which showcases and promotes the North American country at every turn, making it a fascinating place to truly immerse yourself in all things Canadian.
From the food to the history, the shops to the parks, you can marvel at Canada’s national treasures everywhere you go in Ottawa… just make sure you leave enough time to see it all! Close to many of the city’s most famous tourist favourites is the Fairmont Chateau Laurier, which makes an excellent base for your stay.
Attractions not to be missed while you’re in the city include: Parliament Hill, which is home to the country’s national government and where you can watch the changing of the guard and evening light shows; the city’s museums and galleries including the superb Canadian Museum of Nature; a culinary tour of the city with a stop at ByWard Market; a festival experience at one of the city’s many annual celebrations; a skate or boat trip (depending on what time of year you visit!) along the UNESCO World Heritage Site-listed Rideau Canal; and of course outdoor adventure in the scenic areas close to the city in the form of white water rafting, kayaking, hiking and biking.
With plenty for families, couples, adventure and solo travellers alike, speak to a Travel Specialist about your tailormade itinerary to Canada, with a stay in beautiful Ottawa.
The hotel overlooks the Rideau Canal and is just minutes from Parliament Hill and the National Gallery of Canada. This luxury hotel located in Canada's capital city, Ottawa, features 426 accommodations including 33 luxury suites including the magnificent Corner Suites with views of downtown or Parliament Hill. Those seeking a little more exclusivity and pampering enjoy Fairmont Gold, with the 4th...
In the hubbub of bustling Byward Market, Ottawa, you find the crisp and clean Andaz Hotel by Hyatt, and while the streets of this district are better known for their artisan cheese shops, local bakers and independent eateries – less so for modern luxury hotels; the Andaz is perfectly at home here. The result of this is that while here you get the best of both worlds; instant access to the trendy u...
- Visit the thundering Niagara Falls and enjoy lunch at the quaint village of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Cruise through Ontario’s Thousand Islands on the St Lawrence River
- Meet a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Montreal
- Wander through Quebec’s Old Quarter exploring its preserved historic district
- Explore the urban centre of Toronto via a sightseeing tour with a visit to Chinatown and a drive by the famous CN Tower.
- See the thunderous Niagara Falls via an exhilarating Hornblower Cruise or a Journey Behind The Falls tour.
- Take Canada's comfortable VIA Rail service between Toronto and Ontario where you can stretch out in business seats and enjoy exquisite meals.
- Enjoy a morning river cruise in Ottawa which offers some of the most spectacular views of this beautiful city.
- Explore Niagara Falls with your Niagara Falls Adventure Pass which includes access to many of the falls' most popular attractions.
- Visit St Jacob's Farmers Market and enjoy shopping for Ontario's finest produce and unique crafts.
- Enjoy endless activities at the Blue Mountain Resort during your stay which includes zip-lining, high ropes and hiking.
- Embark on a cruise around the breath-taking Thousand Islands from Kingston.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
The Ultimate Guide to Visiting Atlantic Canada
A visit to the Atlantic provinces of Canada is to uncover a hidden treasure. In a country that ...Other Shores Team - April, 2022
5 of the Best Adventure Holiday Ideas for Families with Teens
If your teens get bored of the beach and won't be confined to a sun lounger, you might need some ex...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details