Renowned for its exceptional landscapes, Prince Edward Island is a ‘must-see’ on your visit to Atlantic Canada. Beautiful beaches, culinary trails and golf courses with a view make it a destination you’ll want to return to again and again.
Canada’s number one golf destination, and the country’s smallest and greenest province is a wonderful stop on your wider tour of Atlantic Canada.
Miles upon miles of beautiful beaches and red sandstone cliffs encompass a gently rolling landscape, home to trails and waterways made for cycling, hiking and swimming.
A highlight of the Prince Edward Island social calendar is the Fall Flavours Festival which runs for a full month in autumn; a superb time to visit the island thanks to the changing colours of the new season.
Days can be spent wandering farmer’s markets and antique shops, stopping for lunch and to taste the island’s world-famous oysters. Charlottetown, the island’s capital city, is a place of wondrous historical interest, while a visit to the ‘birthplace’ of Anne of Green Gables is an experience for every visitor to enjoy. Plenty of supervised beaches ensure swimming is safe for the whole family and there are more than 25 courses on the island for fans of the fairways.
Your Travel Specialist will be able to create a bespoke itinerary ensuring you see the very best of what Prince Edward Island has to offer on your Atlantic Canada holiday.
- Stroll along the historic waterfront of Halifax pass restaurants, cafes and boutique shops.
- Take the opportunity to play a round of golf at the award-winning Algonquin Golf Course during your stay at St. Andrews.
- Spend a full day exploring the historical landmarks of Charlottetown or feast on locally caught lobsters.
- Drive through Cabot Trail, one of Canada's most spectacular scenic highways.
- Take an optional lobster cruise where you can take a lobster right out of a trap and savour the experience of a traditional Prince Edward Island lobster supper
- Explore Historic Charlottetown on foot Founders’ Hall – Canada’s Birthplace Pavilion or the National Historic Street called Great George
- Travelling between June - September? Book tickets to see Anne of Green Gables – The Musical at the Confederation Centre of the Arts
- Explore the Points East Coastal Drive; the entire coastal drive encompasses more than 50 phenomenal beaches as well as hiking trails and golf courses
- Sail around pretty Lunenberg Bay with a local sailboat captain on a private charter voyage
- Embark on a private whale watching excursion from St Andrews, New Brunswick with a local marine biologist
- Spend three days at the award-winning Fogo Island Inn and explore this remarkable remote island
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details