Yukon is a land full of rich and dramatic vistas, crystal clear lakes, ice fields, wild rivers and jaw-dropping pristine wilderness.
Yukon is home to Mount Logan, Canada’s highest peak and the world’s largest non-polar icefield. The crimson carpet of the tundra, the mountain ranges and national parks including Kluane, Tombstone and Ivvavik are a haven to an abundance of wildlife such as grizzly bears, wolves, caribou and millions of migratory birds. Lynx, coyotes, foxes and scores of small mammals thrive in its forests.
Yukon also offers visitors a rich cultural experience, almost a quarter of Yukoners are of Aboriginal ancestry and you will find many opportunities to learn of how their culture has evolved into the rich tapestry of dialects, arts, crafts, cuisines, and practices that play a significant role in all aspects of the Yukon society today.
Follow the history of the gold rush days, when in August 1896 three men found gold on Bonanza Creek near Dawson City, launching the legendary Klondike Gold Rush. Dawson City is still a lively place today, an authentic frontier town bursting with heritage sites and attractions.
Visitors can also experience one of the world’s legendary road trips - the scenic Alaska Highway was built in 1942 and completed in only 8 months. Built to transport war supplies, more than 30,000 US Army personnel were involved in the construction of over 2,230 km of road to Alaska.
- Enjoy city sights and forest escape as you explore Vancouver city's highlights combined with a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
- Take part in some winter fun in the glamorous Whistler Blackcomb, North America’s largest ski resort.
- Enjoy more winter activities in Whitehorse including snowmobiling, dog sledding and the breathtaking Northern Lights viewing experience.
- Explore some of the highlights of Whitehorse which includes Klondike National Historic Site and the Yukon Wildlife Preserve.
- Enjoy a scenic afternoon cruise from Skagway along the beautiful and pristine fjord of the Lynn Canal.
- Spend a day at Kluane National Park, a World Heritage Site and home to Canada's highest peak, Mount Logan.
- Visit some of Dawson City's historical sights such as the SS Keno, The Grand Palace Theatre and Diamond Tooth Gertie’s Casino to name a few.
The main lodge building and three cabins are custom-built with Douglas Firs, with one lodge style room detached from the main building and cabins with kitchens or kitchenettes, fireplaces and en-suite bathrooms. Access to the lodge is easy with regular flights to Whitehorse from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and Yellowknife so can be incorporated in any tailor-made Canada holiday. Northern ...
Find out more in our blog...
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details