Declared a National Park in 1919, the jewel of Arizona, the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Grand Canyon National Park is justifiably considered one of the greatest natural wonders of the world, at 277 miles long and 6,000 feet deep.
The most visited part of the park is the South Rim (open year-round), easily reached by car from Las Vegas or Phoenix & Scottsdale in a day, take the Grand Canyon Railway from Williams near Flagstaff or a scenic flight tour from Las Vegas or Phoenix. Follow the Rim Trail along the canyon edge, stopping at the numerous viewpoints to get a real perspective of its sheer scale. Spectacular sunrises at Mather or Yaki Point are a reward for those early risers.
Grand Canyon West Rim is the nearest section to Las Vegas and is where you will find the glass-bottomed Grand Canyon Skywalk, suspended 70 feet out from the rim edge with jaw-dropping views straight to the canyon floor. The North Rim is the least visited and accessible part of the canyon and is only open May to October. Reached by self-drive via southern Utah cities like St. George and Kanab, or northern Arizona towns like Lake Powell, you will feel at solitude here with the absence of tour groups, helicopters and airplanes.
This national treasure can be explored by hiking, train, mule, a jeep tour, scenic helicopter flights (except North Rim) and for the adventurous, white water rafting.
- In Palm Springs relax by the pool, play a round of golf or discover the nightlife of this desert oasis
- Take to the skies on a helicopter flight for a bird's eye view of the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Be surrounded in the outstanding natural beauty of Yosemite National Park
- Take a self guided tour of Alcatraz, the former federal penitentiary for America's most notorious criminals
- Discover Arizona's diverse landscapes from deserts filled with cacti, ponderosa pine forests, vast lakes and breath-taking canyons
- Live your dream of being a cowboy or cowgirl at the authentic dude ranch, White Stallion Guest Ranch
- Relax and be pampered at one of Scottsdale premium resorts, the Phoenician. Play golf, indulge at the spa or bask in the sunshine poolside
- We can add-on endless experiences to your Arizona Adventure, including flightseeing tours over lakes and canyons, mountain biking, guided hikes and historic rail journeys
El Tovar, is located directly on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, has welcomed guests (including Theodore Roosevelt and Albert Einstein) for over 100 years. Over the years it became a Registered National Historic Landmark and is now the most upscale lodging available within the park and has retained its elegant lodge charm. El Tovar has a total of 78 rooms and suites, due to the buildings hi...
- Jump in a jeep for a guided safari through Zion National Park, an adventure through outstanding natural beauty
- Explore Bryce Canyon's scenic wonderland on an ATV, following The Great Western Trail through the Dixie National Forest
- Enjoy a two-hour jeep safari through Monument Valley before experiencing a real cowboy moment as you ride through the valley on horseback
- Take to the skies on a 40-minute helicopter flight over the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Choose from one of the seven spectacular Cirque du Soleil shows on offer in Las Vegas, these shows are breath-taking and will have you on the edge of your seat
- Enjoy a thrilling helicopter flight from Las Vegas, over Hoover Dam and land in the base of the Grand Canyon
- Watch the iconic fountains at Bellagio Hotel featuring dramatic aquatic shows choreographed with music & lights
Find out more in our blog...
10 Filming Locations to Inspire Your Next Holiday
2020 might not have been the travel year that many of us were hoping it would be, but that didn't s...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details