Our luxury Los Angeles holidays take you into the heart of one of the world’s most glamorous cities, packed with designer shops, renowned arts, and top-notch dining. From the chic streets of Beverly Hills, to the cool shores of Santa Monica and beaches of Malibu, this is holiday heaven.
There are few skylines are quite as iconic as LA’s, with the Hollywood sign illuminated high up in the hills evoking a real sense of glamour. Since the golden era of cinema, ‘the city of angels’ has been the spiritual home of the film industry, with studios like Paramount, Universal and Warner Brothers still offering behind-the-scenes tours for fans.
In Downtown LA, you can head to Union Station and wander through the grand Art Deco hallways. Or, stop by Rodeo Drive to find high-end fashion boutiques to browse and fabulous multi-cultural dining. On Hollywood Boulevard, you’ll find some of the most iconic venues, including the Chinese Theatre, though you’ll also want to stop to read the celebrated names gracing the Hollywood Walk of Fame. To finish the day off with lively nightlife and restaurants, be sure to head to West Hollywood.
If you’re looking for a slower pace, there’s a variety of breathtaking beaches to enjoy. Santa Monica, Long Beach and Malibu are famed for their beauty, with many people taking scenic drives down the coast to enjoy them. Or, to get away from the city for a while, take a canyon hike through the hills.
Whether you’re looking for an adventurous journey or a chilled-out escape, speak to Our Travel Specialists to tailor-make your perfect five-star holiday to Los Angeles.
- Sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on your private, former America’s Cup yacht
- Enjoy gourmet food and fine wine on your exclusive private tour of Napa wineries
- Embark on an exhilarating eco-rafting adventure on Monterey Bay in search of whales, dolphins and other marine wildlife
- Soar high above the Hollywood sign, Universal Studios Hollywood and the Beverly Hills homes of celebrities on a private helicopter flight
- In Palm Springs relax by the pool, play a round of golf or discover the nightlife of this desert oasis
- Take to the skies on a helicopter flight for a bird's eye view of the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Be surrounded in the outstanding natural beauty of Yosemite National Park
- Take a self guided tour of Alcatraz, the former federal penitentiary for America's most notorious criminals
- Enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour, express access to theme park rides and shows with your VIP Universal Studios Hollywood tickets
- Learn to surf in Santa Barbara or take a paddle board tour around the harbour
- Stop off at Piedras Blancas and watch the comical antics of the resident elephant seal colony
- Spend a day touring San Francisco on the Hop-On Hop-Off bus and take the ferry across to Alcatraz for a self-guided tour
Where Wilshire Boulevard meets the famous Rodeo Drive, an address as exclusive as Beverly Hills itself, you will find the iconic Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel. Since its opening in 1928, many celebrities, international elite and royalty have stayed here. The 395 elegantly appointed and spacious rooms and suites are housed in two Renaissance Revival buildings, the 14-storey Beverly Wing a...
The Peninsula Beverly Hills Hotel offers Hollywood glamour and luxury living in a lush garden setting. The hotel includes 195 spacious and elegant rooms and suites, each featuring custom-made furnishings and with a selection also offering private garden patios. For an extravagant LA holiday, upgrade to one of the deluxe villa suites with extra special indulgent details. The rooftop garden is a hid...
The elegant and sophisticated Maybourne Beverly Hills (formerly Montage Beverly Hills) is located in the heart of the Golden Triangle, surrounded by exclusive shopping and upscale restaurants. The architecture is reminiscent of a luxury villa, combining design aesthetics from Spain, Italy and Morocco, including grand archways and an Italian style tiled dome. The 201 rooms and suites offer modern ...
- Known as the ‘Pink Palace’, the hotel has hosted Hollywood stars since its opening in 1912
- A true icon, the hotel is steeped in Tinseltown history and has appeared in numerous films
- Stop by the famed Polo Lounge to try the menu’s legendary tortilla soup
- See the original Martinique banana leaf wallpaper design, celebrated by Dolce & Gabbana
The choice for celebrated personalities, Hotel Bel-Air is renowned for its impeccable and unobtrusive service, located in the affluent neighbourhood of Bel-Air and offering 58 elegant rooms and 45 suites set in 12 acres of peaceful landscaped gardens. Spanish colonial architecture and French Art Deco influences are evident throughout the hotel. Luxurious rooms and suites, some with delightful outd...
Situated as it is on fashionable Wilshire Boulevard near Santa Monica and Rodeo Drive, easily explored with complimentary Rolls Royce transfers to local hotspots. Inside this five-star Los Angeles bolthole, you’ll find tall, grand ceilings illuminated by dazzling chandeliers, polished marble below and all-white surrounding walls. Huge indoor bouquets and potted trees, sculptures and murals then h...
- Travel in style in the hotel's house car, a pearl white Maserati, available for complmentary journeys within a two mile radius
- The Graduate was written at the Hotel's bar
- The daily Cocktail Hour (16:00 - 19:00) offers small plates, wines by the glass and specialty cocktails
- The hotel feels more like a private residence, tucked behind a canopy of palms in a quiet residential street
Essential Information for Travelling to Los Angeles
What's the best time to visit Los Angeles?
The beautiful weather makes a holiday in Los Angeles perfect year-round. We recommend visiting from March to May and between September and November for cooler temperatures and fewer crowds.
Do I need a visa?
Currently, many British citizens traveling on a valid, individual machine readable or e-passport, with a return or onward ticket, and who are staying for less than 90 days, qualify for the Visa Waiver Program. This means they can travel visa-free with only an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
Los Angeles Flight Information
To visit Los Angeles, you can fly direct to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) from Heathrow (LHR) in around 11 hours.
How to get around in Los Angeles?
There are several different ways to get around Los Angeles on your holiday. The Metro Buses and subway system run all day. We recommend hiring a car so that you can enjoy the area with ease - just be wary of rush hour traffic! Our Travel Specialists can arrange a hire car as part of your itinerary.
Sightseeing Ideas in Los Angeles
There are so many things to see on holiday in LA, that you might need to book multiple trips! On top of the beaches, museums, and shopping, unmissable things to do include tasting delicious food at Grand Central Market, visiting the Griffith Observatory to explore the cosmos, and heading to Disneyland or Universal Hollywood for some theme park thrills.
Find out more in our blog...
10 Filming Locations to Inspire Your Next Holiday
2020 might not have been the travel year that many of us were hoping it would be, but that didn't s...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
The Best National Parks to Visit in America
The national parks in North America are some of the most awe-inspiring and beautiful destinations i...Jack - October, 2021
Best Family Holidays for 2021
Family has never felt more important. Whether you were home-schooling (even through gritted teet...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details