Producing 90% of America’s wine, California’s wine regions are fantastic destinations for a couple of relaxing nights on a self-drive holiday or a twin-centre with nearby San Francisco.
Best visited in the summer, September and October, enjoy good food, visit vineyards and go wine tasting in this popular destination.
Explore Napa Valley by car, see it from the air in a memorable hot air balloon or go on the Napa Valley Wine Train, enjoying a 3-hour journey and delicious meal. Napa is currently home to fewer than 400 wineries with the first having been opened in 1966 by Robert Mondavi.
Aside from wine tasting tours at the famous wineries, dine at Michelin-starred restaurants and enjoy organic cuisine. There are also Spas, golf courses, premium outlet stores and The Culinary Institute of America- well worth a visit!
Further north from Napa lies Sonoma County where there is a greater focus on the Chardonnay and Pinot grapes and smaller, family-owned wineries to visit.
- Sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on your private, former America’s Cup yacht
- Enjoy gourmet food and fine wine on your exclusive private tour of Napa wineries
- Embark on an exhilarating eco-rafting adventure on Monterey Bay in search of whales, dolphins and other marine wildlife
- Soar high above the Hollywood sign, Universal Studios Hollywood and the Beverly Hills homes of celebrities on a private helicopter flight
- In Palm Springs relax by the pool, play a round of golf or discover the nightlife of this desert oasis
- Take to the skies on a helicopter flight for a bird's eye view of the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Be surrounded in the outstanding natural beauty of Yosemite National Park
- Take a self guided tour of Alcatraz, the former federal penitentiary for America's most notorious criminals
A former farmhouse set amid neat rows of Napa Valley vines, Las Alcobas is now a stylish, adults-only California retreat that hasn’t lost sight of its pastoral past. Step inside for modestly decorated rooms with luxury amenities and idyllic vineyard views; a gourmet restaurant and bar serving the finest farm-to-table produce; pampering spa that uses ancient rejuvenating therapies and an elegant p...
Auberge du Soleil is the type of boutique resort you may find yourself coming back to time and again. Such is the ambience, the standard and style of interior design, those views from the swimming pool and sun terrace, the number of activities and the feel of each spacious guestroom. This summery retreat really does encourage a slightly slower pace of life, as wine tours and fine dining lunches, t...
The multi-award-winning Carneros Resort & Spa is refreshingly modern in its construction and design, entirely enveloped by thriving grapevines though also offers a handful of adult-only areas such as their hilltop infinity pool and Jacuzzi; every bit the sophisticated Napa wine lodge. The décor here is unashamedly contemporary, as what could be traditional tin-roofed barns at first glance are in f...
- Discover many of San Francisco's attractions on the hop on hop off bus, including Chinatown, Golden Gate Bridge and Sausilito
- Take the ferry from Fisherman's Wharf to Alcatraz for an eerie self-guided walk through the former prison where some of the USA's most notorious criminal were held
- Enjoy wine tastings and gourmet cuisine surrounded by rolling vineyards or let us arrange a gourmet meal on board the Napa Valley Wine Train
- Discover the natural beauty of Yosemite national Park's glacial valley with its giant sequoias, open meadows, towering granite cliffs and plunging waterfalls
Located in the heart of downtown Napa situated by the River Trail and Oxbow Park Preserve overlooking Napa River, the River Terrace Inn is a lovely choice for an enjoyable stay in one of California’s premier wine-growing regions. The hotel comprises 114 spacious and well-appointed accommodations with a choice of village facing or riverside rooms. Amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness...
The boutique hotel Andaz Napa is centrally located in the Napa’s lively west end, where you will find a generous number of wine tasting rooms and enticing eateries all within walking distance of your accommodation. The 141 rooms and suites are reminiscent of California loft apartments, featuring king-size beds, hickory hardwood floors and stunning all-marble bathrooms. Romantic Andaz Large Lofts...
Find out more in our blog...
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details