Situated on a beautiful span of coastline on California’s Pacific Coast, Santa Barbara is a world away from everyday life.
Our Santa Barbara holidays offer an opportunity to discover quaint towns, stunning sights and five-star luxury. A beautiful Mediterranean-influenced city, Santa Barbara glows with over 300 days of sunshine a year.
Explore the cobblestone streets lined with boutique stores at Santa Barbara’s downtown. Unique architecture from the Old Mission and the County Courthouse punctuates the enchanting skyline. There is even world-class golf, the Santa Ynez Mountains, and the Santa Barbara Zoo waiting to be explored. Throw famous shopping and vineyards into the mix and it's no surprise Santa Barbara is often called America's Riviera.
Known for its stunning coastline, Santa Barbara will ‘wow’ you at every turn. The beaches are incredible, with Leadbetter Beach, Miramar Beach, East Beach and Arroyo Burro Beach County Park being home to soft white sands and exciting watersports. If you’re looking for refreshment after a day at the beach, Stearns Wharf juts into the deep blue waters and is one of the best places to catch one of California’s famous sunsets.
Speak to our Travel Specialists to tailor-make every aspect of your holiday in Santa Barbara, from finding the perfect luxury resort to securing the best restaurants and excursions.
- Sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on your private, former America’s Cup yacht
- Enjoy gourmet food and fine wine on your exclusive private tour of Napa wineries
- Embark on an exhilarating eco-rafting adventure on Monterey Bay in search of whales, dolphins and other marine wildlife
- Soar high above the Hollywood sign, Universal Studios Hollywood and the Beverly Hills homes of celebrities on a private helicopter flight
- In Palm Springs relax by the pool, play a round of golf or discover the nightlife of this desert oasis
- Take to the skies on a helicopter flight for a bird's eye view of the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Be surrounded in the outstanding natural beauty of Yosemite National Park
- Take a self guided tour of Alcatraz, the former federal penitentiary for America's most notorious criminals
- Enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour, express access to theme park rides and shows with your VIP Universal Studios Hollywood tickets
- Learn to surf in Santa Barbara or take a paddle board tour around the harbour
- Stop off at Piedras Blancas and watch the comical antics of the resident elephant seal colony
- Spend a day touring San Francisco on the Hop-On Hop-Off bus and take the ferry across to Alcatraz for a self-guided tour
- Take an eerie self-guided tour through the former high-security prison of Alcatraz where notorious criminals such as Mickey Cohen and Al Capone were once detained
- Stroll through the quaint seaside village of Carmel-by-the-Sea with its boutiques, galleries, pavement cafes
- Allocate a full day to enjoy the spectacular Big Sur coastal drive stopping at attractions such as Elephant Seal colony at Piedras Blancas and Hearst Castle at San Simeon
- Enjoy upscale accommodation and facilities at some of our favourite hand-picked Californian hotels
Four Seasons Resort the Biltmore Santa Barbara epitomises California’s casually sophisticated lifestyle. This classic Spanish Colonial resort is set amongst 22-acres of lush tranquil gardens, courtyards and red-brick pathways. Most of the 207 hotel accommodations are housed in two-storey buildings, along with a collection of 12 free-standing bungalows nestled within jungle gardens. A selection of...
Fragrant lush gardens and endless vistas from high above Santa Barbara create an ambience of peace and tranquillity at El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel, Santa Barbara. This historic hotel welcomed its first visitors in the early 1900s with a guest-list that included Hollywood stars such as Clark Gable and Carole Lombard. During a meticulous nine-year restoration, many of the historic architectural feat...
The guestrooms and suites are large, beautifully designed and enjoy either mountain or sea views, there’s plenty of Santa Barbara highlights nearby, instant beach access and fine dining cuisine on offer; just some of the many reasons to book a room at the Rosewood Miramar Beach. This contemporary-cool coastal hotel is a refreshing addition to the list of luxury Santa Barbara hotels, boasting a ran...
This boutique bolthole showcases a stunning design that draws influences from Morocco and southern Spain, all white-wash walls topped with terracotta roofs, and interiors encrusted with almost a million tiles across the entire space. There are also nods to Moorish architecture through keyhole arches, plush drapes, hanging lanterns and star motifs, among many other enticing design elements. This e...
Situated in the heart of Santa Barbara, just moments from buzzing State Street lies the contemporary and boutique Kimpton Canary Hotel. Special Kimpton Hotel touches include a daily hosted wine hour, a morning paper in the lobby and morning tea and coffee. Spanish touches decorate the rooms, furnished with a four-poster bed, hardwood floors, 42 inch flat screen television, bathrobes, rainforest s...
Essential Information for Santa Barbara
What's the best time to visit Santa Barbara?
There’s no bad time to visit Santa Barbara and it’s a fabulous year round destination. But, if you want to make the most of the stunning beaches, we recommend travelling June to September as the temperatures are highest. However, off-season the weather is still attractive and there are fewer crowds.
Do I need a visa?
Currently, many British citizens traveling to the USA (United States of America) on a valid, individual machine readable or e-passport, with a return or onward ticket, and who are staying for less than 90 days, qualify for the Visa Waiver Program. This means they can travel visa-free with only an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
Santa Barbara Flight Information
To visit Santa Barbara, the flight from Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Santa Barbara Airport (SBA) takes around 17 hours, including a layover.
Find out more in our blog...
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details