Holidays to the Deep South are filled with history, music, vibrant cities and great food.
Beginning to the east of Texas, the neighbouring state of Louisiana kicks off the five states that are known collectively as the Deep South.
The states of:
- Alabama and
are fantastic destinations for the experienced traveller.
Each offers a unique holiday experience and can be easily combined with each other; in fact, the best holidays to the Deep South are a combination of at least two of the states!
From the lively city of New Orleans and plantation homes to the blues trail in Mississippi, the civil rights history in Alabama, the beautiful beaches of Georgia and stunning Savannah and of course, Tennessee, brimming with music in Nashville and Memphis, and natural beauty in the Great Smoky Mountains, you will soon discover that one Deep South holiday will not be enough.
Call now to speak to one of our USA specialists to plan your tailor-made holiday to The Deep South.
- Spend a day exploring Memphis and its vibrant music scene. Take an optional self guided tour around Elvis Presley's Graceland.
- Sail along the mighty Mississippi River on an authentic River Steamboat
- Enjoy a selection of inclusive shore excursions at each of your ports of call
- Wander through New Orleans vibrant French Quarter, or take an optional air boat ride through the swamps and bayou country
- Board the famous Natchez Steamboat for a Creole-inspired dinner while listening to a live jazz band performance
- Take a thrilling airboat ride through the swamps and wetlands of New Orleans in search of alligators, snakes, turtles and birdlife
- Experience the lifestyle of wealthy sugar barons of the 1800's on a guided walking tour through this historic deep south plantation house
- Immerse yourself in history and culture on a 2.5 hour walking tour through New Orleans beautiful French Quarter
- Soak up the sun on the powdery white sand beaches of Alabama's Gulf Shores, or visit the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge where migratory birds thrive and turtles nest from June through October
- While in Huntsville we recommend you visit the museum at the U.S Space and Rocket Centre where you will find one of the world's largest collections of rockets and space memorabilia
- Take a self-guided tour through what was once Elvis' gracious home and a peek inside his Lockheed Jet Star
- Visit Nashville's Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Historic RCA Studio B, Johnny Cash Museum and take a self-guided tour of Ryman Auditorium
- Explore Elvis Presley's former home of Graceland with an expert guide including access to the Presley Motors Automobile Museum and self-guided tour of Elvis' Custom Jets
- Enjoy a sumptuous hot and cold buffet brunch at The Court of Two Sisters while listening to a live jazz trio
- Board the Steamboat Natchez for a lively buffet dinner Jazz Cruise along the Mississippi River
- Immerse yourself in the outstanding natural beauty and sprawling landscapes of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- In Nashville visit the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum, the largest museum in the world dedicated to American music
- Book a backstage tour of the historic Grand Ole Opry House or purchase ticket for a live music performance
- Take a self-guided tour through the Graceland Mansion, a former home of Elvis Presley
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details