Comprised of six states in total, the region of New England is as diverse as they come.
Flying into Boston, the gateway of New England, there are a multitude of self-drive routes to take depending on whether it’s an active, beach, mountain or city holiday or a combination of all.
There really is something for everyone on New England holidays.
With varying landscapes and highlights in each state, we recommend you pick and choose depending on your interests, to help we’ve highlighted the best of each state below.
A popular time to visit the region is the famous fall foliage period starting from mid-September in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont and occurring until mid-October in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut (dates vary seasonally).
Summer is also a great time and one of our favourites for enjoying the beaches of Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.
Holidays to New England can also be taken in the winters when magical Boston and the mountains of Vermont are the perfect hideaways.
- Board Lulu, a traditional lobster boat for a two-hour tour of Bar Harbor for a lobster fishing and seal watching experience
- Take a scenic train ride to the summit of Mount Washington on the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway
- Take a tour through Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory in Waterberry, indulge in your favourite flavours and take a walk through the Flavor Graveyard to pay your respects to the flavours of past years
- Wander through the grounds and rooms of Newport Mansions, former summer homes of the Astors and Vanderbilts
- Stay in some of New England's finest luxury hotels including a regal stay 19th century luxury mansion, The Wheatleigh and luxury boutique retreat, Twin Farms
- Take a fun and exciting tour of Harvard with one of its students and learn about the history, architecture and student life of one of the world's most famous universities
- The Breakers is one of New England's most famous mansions from the gilded age, located right on the ocean, here you will take a private guided tour
- Take a private tour through impressive building 6 of Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art
- Follow the historic Freedom Trail walking route, stroll around Boston Harbor and visit the Boston Tea Museum
- Feast on clam chowder, relax on endless sandy beaches, visit vibrant Provincetown with its arts, crafts and open-minded attitude
- Head out in to the bay off Cape Cod on a whale watching adventure
- Discover quaint towns and villages on the beautiful islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details