Providence is the capital city of Rhode Island, the smallest of the 50 states of America.
The quaint harbour town of Newport was once the summer playground of America’s wealthiest families such as the Vanderbilt’s and Astor’s. Their historic and magnificent mansions can still be found along Bellevue Avenue, some are now museums which you can take guided tours of, the most famous and opulent is The Breakers, former home of the Vanderbilt’s.
Newport’s yacht-filled harbour has hosted America’s Cup, you can enjoy the thrill of sailing aboard an America’s Cup 12-metre yacht. You can spend the day lazing at the beach or feel the sea breeze while taking in stunning coastal views along the three-and-a-half-mile cliff walk. Newport offers fantastic water sports facilities, boutiques and culture with more than 50 museums.
- Board Lulu, a traditional lobster boat for a two-hour tour of Bar Harbor for a lobster fishing and seal watching experience
- Take a scenic train ride to the summit of Mount Washington on the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway
- Take a tour through Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory in Waterberry, indulge in your favourite flavours and take a walk through the Flavor Graveyard to pay your respects to the flavours of past years
- Wander through the grounds and rooms of Newport Mansions, former summer homes of the Astors and Vanderbilts
This quintessential Newport Mansion was a former Vanderbilt Hall built by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt in 1909 and has been restored to its former glory and beauty and has emerged as the Vanderbilt. Newport is located on Rhode Island and easily accessible from New York and Boston. Newport is steeped in history and is famous for its Gilded Age mansions, many now open to the public as museums and art g...
Believe it or not, Ocean House has been a popular Rhode Island hotel in Watch Hill since the mid-18th century, having first opened its doors to the great and the good in 1868. Thankfully, this enticing heritage can be seen throughout the property, its original architecture and structure beautifully preserved: from semi-open-air terraces lined with stone pillars to a steep tiled roof typical of the...
Anyone who likes a heavy dose of history while on holiday should reserve a regal Chanler at Cliff Walk room in Rhode Island, where heritage and luxurious modern lifestyles gloriously collide. The Chanler was originally a mansion built in 1873, though it has been used as a summer home, girls’ school, Navy accommodation and museum over the years. However, it has been given a new lease of life as The...
- Stay in some of New England's finest luxury hotels including a regal stay 19th century luxury mansion, The Wheatleigh and luxury boutique retreat, Twin Farms
- Take a fun and exciting tour of Harvard with one of its students and learn about the history, architecture and student life of one of the world's most famous universities
- The Breakers is one of New England's most famous mansions from the gilded age, located right on the ocean, here you will take a private guided tour
- Take a private tour through impressive building 6 of Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art
Find out more in our blog...
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Be Transported To: New York
Since most of us are stuck at home, we're transporting you on a journey to the Big Apple… Right fro...Hannah - September, 2021
10 Filming Locations to Inspire Your Next Holiday
2020 might not have been the travel year that many of us were hoping it would be, but that didn't s...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details