Once you have travelled to New York City you will appreciate why Frank Sinatra sang of yearning to “wake up in that city that doesn’t sleep.”
Depending on your favourite pastime, there are numerous wonderful ways to enjoy your New York holiday. The theatre scene is world-renowned. There are the lively Broadway musicals or the smaller offerings of off-Broadway to take in.
For more entertainment, enjoy a concert or sporting event at Madison Square Gardens. Pencil in a New York Yankees, Knicks or Giants game into your itinerary and remember that the US Tennis Open is held at Queens.
New York boasts an unparalleled range of department stores and boutiques, especially in Manhattan, making holidays to New York, a shopaholic's paradise. Central Park occupies 843 acres of the heart of New York and acts as the place for locals and visitors to take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The city is home to many of the most recognised and admired landmarks and attractions in the world. Some of the must-see attractions include seeing the towering Statue of Liberty and touring historical Ellis Island. Outstanding views of the city can be found from Brooklyn Bridge, or climb 1,500 feet above street level to the 86th floor of the art deco Empire State Building.
The New York Public Library is idyllic, with its majestic reading rooms, and the fine collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art are internationally celebrated. The prestigious Guggenheim Museum and the American Museum of Natural History are equally unmissable.
Rockefeller Centre is the place to head to for sights of the famous ornate Christmas tree and skating rink, which are part of the lavish Christmas decorations when New York truly becomes a winter wonderland. All year round, Times Square, or as it is aptly known, ‘the crossroads of the world,’ is a hub of bright flashing lights and video screens that run 24/7.
New York’s history as a base for immigrants has diversified the city’s cuisine. The city is famous for its bagels, New-York style pizza and cheesecake.
In one day you could experience the real New York with a pretzel or a hot dog from one of the thousands of street vendors before trying haute cuisine in one of the most diverse selections of fine dining options in the country.
- Enjoy unlimited access to Walt Disney's six parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Park during your stay
- Unlimited park to park access to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ water theme park
- Your pass includes three New York attractions including Empire State Building Observatory and Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Ferry Ticket
- Be welcomed by sweeping city views from the lobby on the 35th floor
- Impressive views of the Hudson River, Manhattan skyline or Central Park from every room or suite
- Direct access to luxury retail shops, dining and entertainment through Mandarin Oriental, New York’s 3rd floor entrance
- Only 15 minutes walking distance to Fifth and Madison Avenues for shopping at Chanel, Louis Vuitton and more
- Take in more of the skyline as you swim the 75-foot pool on the 36th floor
- Cafe Carlyle is the only remaining dinner cabaret venue in NYC, known for headlining incredible talents; including Alan Cumming and Woody Allen
- Royals and heads-of-state such as HRH, the Prince of Wales and every American president since Truman have visited the Carlyle
- Bemelmans Bar contains the only surviving public murals of artist/author Ludwig Bemelmans, the creator of the Madeline children’s book series
- The “most famous” elevator ride in history took place at The Carlyle with Steve Jobs, Princess Diana and Michael Jackson riding at the same time
- The Carlyle is steps away from the best of New York City including Madison Avenue, The Museum Mile, and Central Park
- Formerly the home of the Lambs, America's first professional theatrical club, the building has been restored to its prohibition-era splendour
- The Chatwal is one of the finest luxury boutique hotels in midtown, steps away from Times Square, Broadway theatres and 5th Avenue shopping
- Explore the city on two wheels with one of the hotel’s complimentary bicycles, a picnic basket and The Chatwal’s NYC Bike Map
- The hotel offers a complimentary chauffeured house car service within a 20 block radius on Tuesday - Saturday 2pm - 10pm
1 Hotel Central Park is set in the middle of Manhattan, yet offers a sanctuary and escape from the bustling metropolis of New York City. The interior of this urban hotel is pleasingly organic; designed to bring the outside in using natural materials such as Narcado Quartzite stone, Belgian bluestone, reclaimed oak ceilings, preserved moss growing in niches, rustic copper bathroom fixtures, unique...
- Complimentary access to The Roxy Cinema, specialising in first-run independent films and 35mm cult classics
- GRANDLIFE - The hotels magazine that guides you how to experience like a local https://www.grandlife.com/neighborhood-guide/
- The third floor fitness suite features a balcony that accommodates stretching or yoga with a neighborhood view
For timeless New York elegance in the heart of Manhattan, look no further than the EDITION hotel, situated on the corner of 24th Street and Madison Avenue; overlooking Madison Square Park and the Empire State Building. The New York EDITION is an icon in itself, housed in a beautiful clocktower that dates back to 1909; once the tallest building in the world. Although it no longer holds that title, ...
Proudly housed in one of New York’s first skyscrapers, The Beekman certainly shows off its 19th-century heritage through its stunningly restored architecture, featuring a nine-story atrium topped with a pyramidal skylight, evocative wrought iron balustrades and original tin ceilings. Though that is only the start of the story. This uniquely adorned Lower Manhattan hotel feels every bit like a one-...
- Located on Fifth Avenue and 55th Street in the heart of the city’s most prestigious shopping, entertainment and cultural district
- The Peninsula Academy offers a collection of bespoke experiences, such as "Kids in the kitchen" & "MOMA: Exclusive pre or post-opening tours"
The interiors concealed behind an ornate façade have been immaculately redesigned, while the hospitality is as refined as you would expect from the highly esteemed Ritz-Carlton hotel group. You couldn’t find a better-situated hotel in Midtown than The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park either, as this decadent bolthole takes pride of place on the southern border of Central Park, with views of th...
Find out more in our blog...
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
10 Filming Locations to Inspire Your Next Holiday
2020 might not have been the travel year that many of us were hoping it would be, but that didn't s...Other Shores Team - July, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details