Once you have travelled to New York City you will appreciate why Frank Sinatra sang of yearning to “wake up in that city that doesn’t sleep.”
Depending on your favourite pastime, there are numerous wonderful ways to enjoy your New York holiday. The theatre scene is world-renowned. There are the lively Broadway musicals or the smaller offerings of off-Broadway to take in.
For more entertainment, enjoy a concert or sporting event at Madison Square Gardens. Pencil in a New York Yankees, Knicks or Giants game into your itinerary and remember that the US Tennis Open is held at Queens.
New York boasts an unparalleled range of department stores and boutiques, especially in Manhattan, making holidays to New York, a shopaholic's paradise. Central Park occupies 843 acres of the heart of New York and acts as the place for locals and visitors to take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The city is home to many of the most recognised and admired landmarks and attractions in the world. Some of the must-see attractions include seeing the towering Statue of Liberty and touring historical Ellis Island. Outstanding views of the city can be found from Brooklyn Bridge, or climb 1,500 feet above street level to the 86th floor of the art deco Empire State Building.
The New York Public Library is idyllic, with its majestic reading rooms, and the fine collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art are internationally celebrated. The prestigious Guggenheim Museum and the American Museum of Natural History are equally unmissable.
Rockefeller Centre is the place to head to for sights of the famous ornate Christmas tree and skating rink, which are part of the lavish Christmas decorations when New York truly becomes a winter wonderland. All year round, Times Square, or as it is aptly known, ‘the crossroads of the world,’ is a hub of bright flashing lights and video screens that run 24/7.
New York’s history as a base for immigrants has diversified the city’s cuisine. The city is famous for its bagels, New-York style pizza and cheesecake.
In one day you could experience the real New York with a pretzel or a hot dog from one of the thousands of street vendors before trying haute cuisine in one of the most diverse selections of fine dining options in the country.
- For over 100 years, The Plaza's Palm Court has been New York City's iconic destination for afternoon tea
- The hotel has a prestigious address at Fifth Avenue on Central Park South
- The Plaza has featured in several movies including Home Alone 2, North by Northwest and The Great Gatsby
- Sip a glass of bubbles in one of New York's most opulent hotel Champagne Bars
- Located on Fifth Avenue and 55th Street in the heart of the city’s most prestigious shopping, entertainment and cultural district
- The Peninsula Academy offers a collection of bespoke experiences, such as "Kids in the kitchen" & "MOMA: Exclusive pre or post-opening tours"
- It's location, only 10-minute walk to the World Trade Centre and less to Brooklyn Bridge
- It's rich history dating back to 1881 and stunning architecture
- The passionately restored nine-storey atrium with Victorian wrought-iron railings and decadent decor
- Turret Penthouse Suites located within the buildings iconic turrets with their own private terraces
- Indulge in next-level wellness treatments such as cryotherapy and infared sauna sessions at the 27, 000 sqaure foot Spa by Equinox
- Enjoy complimentary access to the flagship Equinox Fitness Club including the 15, 000 square foot pool and sundeck
- Equinox has partnered with the world's best manufacturers to create hand crafted cloudlike mattresses to ensure you have the best nights sleep
Occupying a prime corner on Fifth Avenue overlooking Central Park, The Pierre is a luxurious landmark hotel. Opened in the 1920s, the hotel became a part of the well-known Taj Group in 2005 and has since undergone a series of renovations adding to its welcoming and elegant atmosphere and décor. Home to 140 residential-style guest rooms and 49 suites, some accommodations at The Pierre offer views ...
The interiors concealed behind an ornate façade have been immaculately redesigned, while the hospitality is as refined as you would expect from the highly esteemed Ritz-Carlton hotel group. You couldn’t find a better-situated hotel in Midtown than The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park either, as this decadent bolthole takes pride of place on the southern border of Central Park, with views of th...
- It's Midtown location on Madison Avenue puts you in the heart of New York, opposite the iconic and historic St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast in the beautiful historic setting of Villard Mansion of 1884
- The 30-foot gilt ceilings, walls, and wainscoting in the Gold Room are breathtaking, designated a historic landmark in 1968
- Cafe Carlyle is the only remaining dinner cabaret venue in NYC, known for headlining incredible talents; including Alan Cumming and Woody Allen
- Royals and heads-of-state such as HRH, the Prince of Wales and every American president since Truman have visited the Carlyle
- Bemelmans Bar contains the only surviving public murals of artist/author Ludwig Bemelmans, the creator of the Madeline children’s book series
- The “most famous” elevator ride in history took place at The Carlyle with Steve Jobs, Princess Diana and Michael Jackson riding at the same time
- The Carlyle is steps away from the best of New York City including Madison Avenue, The Museum Mile, and Central Park
- Complimentary access to The Roxy Cinema, specialising in first-run independent films and 35mm cult classics
- GRANDLIFE - The hotels magazine that guides you how to experience like a local https://www.grandlife.com/neighborhood-guide/
- The third floor fitness suite features a balcony that accommodates stretching or yoga with a neighborhood view
- The architecture, the former Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Building which was New York's tallest skyscraper between 1909 - 1913
- The Jason Atherton Michelin-starred restaurant, The Clocktower, set in three intimate dining rooms
- It's location in the Flatiron District, with the neighbourhoods of Chelsea, NOMad, Greenwich and Gramercy Park on your doorstep
- The decadent cocktails served while you are seated at the 24-carat gold bar, at The Bar at The Clocktower
- The north facing upper level rooms have some of the best views of The Empire State Building
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
10 Filming Locations to Inspire Your Next Holiday
2020 might not have been the travel year that many of us were hoping it would be, but that didn't s...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
5 of the Best Adventure Holiday Ideas for Families with Teens
If your teens get bored of the beach and won't be confined to a sun lounger, you might need some ex...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
The Best National Parks to Visit in America
The national parks in North America are some of the most awe-inspiring and beautiful destinations i...Other Shores Team - March, 2022
The Best Things To See & Do In Greenwich Village in One Day
One of New York's most famous areas, Greenwich Village – or simply ‘the Village' to those in the kn...Other Shores Team - January, 2022
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Be Transported To: New York
Since most of us are stuck at home, we're transporting you on a journey to the Big Apple… Right fro...Hannah - December, 2021
Best Family Holidays for 2022
Family has never felt more important. If you're going to get the whole gang together and spend q...Other Shores Team - March, 2022
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details