Unlike other National Parks, at Zion, you’ll walk along the floor looking up at the impressive rock formations.
A complimentary shuttle bus operates along the six-mile scenic drive during the summer, alight the bus to hike one of the easier trails such as the Weeping Rock or Lower Emerald Pools Trail or one of the more technical hikes such as ‘The Subway’, where you are required to wade and swim through the chilly waters of North Creek.
The scenery at Zion National Park is outstanding and can be viewed from below on a guided jeep tour or from the sky on a scenic flight.
Formations worth looking out for are The Watchman, rising 2400 feet above the river, and Angels Landing from where a magnificent view of the park can be enjoyed.
There is just one accommodation inside Zion National Park, Zion Lodge, most accommodation and amenities are located in St George, a one-hour drive from the park entrance or Springdale which right on the edge of the national park, in the shadow of the soaring canyon walls.
Situated on 55 acres of land surrounded by the Red Rock cliffs and canyons, stands the Red Mountain Resort. Ideally close to S George and Snow Canyon State Park and an hour from Zion National Park, the resort is conveniently situated for visitors looking to explore the surrounding areas and benefit from the health and fitness focus at the resort. Accommodation consists of 82 rooms and 24 villa...
Situated just outside the east rim of Zion National Park near the town of Springdale is Cable Mountain Lodge, a delightful base for visiting the nearby National Parks (Zion and Bryce Canyon). Cable Mountain Lodge is home to just 50 comfortable rooms and suites equipped, tastefully-appointed, if you are seeking a room with a view, we recommend the Centre Suites. Facilities at the lodge include; ...
Situated on Springdale’s main street moments from Zion National Park, the Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens is a lovely boutique hotel set on the Virgin River, offering beautiful views of the surrounding riverside and rocks. There are 50 rooms and suites, all feature private balconies or patios and offer either canyon or riverside views. The lodge has 5-acres of manicured grounds with a riverside beach...
- Jump in a jeep for a guided safari through Zion National Park, an adventure through outstanding natural beauty
- Explore Bryce Canyon's scenic wonderland on an ATV, following The Great Western Trail through the Dixie National Forest
- Enjoy a two-hour jeep safari through Monument Valley before experiencing a real cowboy moment as you ride through the valley on horseback
- Take to the skies on a 40-minute helicopter flight over the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Visit five of Utah's most impressive attractions, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches and Canyonlands National Park
- Enjoy the freedom of travelling at your own pace and stopping where you want for as long as you wish
- Drive through vast deserts, forests, canyons and take in the outstanding natural beauty that Utah has to offer
- Enjoy a two-day Rocky Mountaineer rail journey between Denver city and the sandstone mountains of Moab
- Witness awe-inspiring, ever-changing landscapes through glass-dome windows onboard one of the finest luxury trains
- Drive to Utah’s ‘Mighty Five’ National Parks of Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon and Zion
- Experience hiking, mountain biking, ATV tours, white water rafting, horseback riding, canyoneering, and rock climbing
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on Other Shores
5 of the Best Adventure Holiday Ideas for Families with Teens
If your teens get bored of the beach and won't be confined to a sun lounger, you might need some ex...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Best Family Holidays for 2022
Family has never felt more important. If you're going to get the whole gang together and spend q...Other Shores Team - March, 2022
The Best Things To See & Do In Greenwich Village in One Day
One of New York's most famous areas, Greenwich Village – or simply ‘the Village' to those in the kn...Other Shores Team - January, 2022
The Best National Parks to Visit in America
The national parks in North America are some of the most awe-inspiring and beautiful destinations i...Other Shores Team - March, 2022
Be Transported To: New York
Since most of us are stuck at home, we're transporting you on a journey to the Big Apple… Right fro...Hannah - December, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - May, 2022
How and Where to Celebrate in Style
For lots of us, 2020 has been light on the good news. But even – or especially – in unexpected and ...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
All Together Now: Holidays With Friends
2020 was a year of isolation, restrictions and a lot of cancelled plans. So, many of us are dreamin...Other Shores Team - February, 2022
Amazing Travel Experiences For Your Post-Lockdown Bucket List
Sick of your sofa? Lost interest in your living room? Us too. The idea of travel has become even mo...Other Shores Team - August, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details