At the furthest reaches of Chile’s southern tip, Chilean Patagonia is made up of dramatic landscapes and eventful weather, which can see the region go through four seasons in one day.
The snow-topped Andes are an awe-inspiring backdrop for the glittering lakes, wide-open steppe, granite cliffs and jagged ice fields – this variation makes Patagonia holidays a favourite for adventure seekers and fans of outdoor pursuits. Many comfortable and luxurious lodges dot the park, and due to its enormous scale the area never feels crowded; in fact, on some tours, visitors are more than likely not to spot another group.
Perfect for a hot weather holiday in January, one of the best places to base yourself is in the town of Puerto Natales, a port city that acts as the gateway to the park and has interesting museums celebrating the region’s indigenous population. You’ll find everything here from boutique wine bars to shops dedicated to kitting you out in the latest gear, but there are plenty of cosy lodgings to choose from away from the town should you seek splendid isolation on your holidays to Patagonia.
Puerto Natales also has a small airport, with flights operating in high season should you wish to escape the five-hour drive from Punta Arenas.
- Enjoy the 360-degree views from Sky Costanera in Santiago
- Discover the extraordinary landscapes of San Pedro de Atacama
- Indulge in a wine tasting experience in the Chilean Winelands
- Explore the vast wilderness of Torres del Paine National Park
- Admire the unusual rock formations of the Atacama's Moon Valley
- See the mesmerizing landscape of the Salar de Atacama salt flats
- Explore the historic centre of Valparaiso in Chile
- Visit Easter Island, the most remote inhabited island in the world
- Admire the dramatic landscape of Patagonia
- Discover the salt flats and geysers of the Atacama Desert
- Enjoy a stargazing experience at Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa
- Stunning location on the edge of the Torres del Paine National Park
- All rooms and communal areas with fantastic views across Lake Sarmiento and towards Las Torres.
- High quality spa and wellness offering with the aim of providing a perfect remedy to a day of activity in the National Park.
- Extensive range of excursions included in your stay with top quality guides
- Unique design of the hotel to seamlessly blend in with its environment using local materials.
As the name suggests, this a unique hotel, ideally located near Puerto Natales and offering easy access to the natural wonders of this region. On the shores of the evocatively named Las Hope Sound, the hotel is the perfect base for exploring the Torres del Paine National Park. Singular Rooms offer 45 square metres of space and a 6-metre window for appreciating the hotel’s beautiful setting. More s...
Find out more in our blog...
Where is Hot in January?
January is the perfect time to treat yourself to a holiday somewhere hot and sunny. After the long,...Other Shores Team - October, 2021
The Most Beautiful Places to Go Wine-Tasting This Year
Warm temperatures. Long sunny days. Clear blue skies. Amazing, gourmet food. What could possibly ma...Other Shores Team - September, 2021
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details