A mere 90 kilometres northwest of Costa Rica’s capital San Jose, the spectacular Arenal Volcano lies in the northern highlands.
With easy access to the Monteverde cloud forest and Lake Arenal, the volcanic region is well-connected to the rest of the country. Holidays to Arenal usually begin in La Fortuna, the area around the volcano which affords not only picturesque views but also a number of nature walks along stunning trails. Tours of the volcano on Arenal holidays offer the opportunity to learn about the region’s diverse flora and fauna, spending time in the rainforest and taking part in adventurous activities.
The volcano is currently active and has been since July 1968, when lava began to flow following an eruption. The volcano’s behaviour could be described as a little tempestuous, and activity varies week on week. Observe the volcano at night and you can usually spot lava and hot rocks atop the cone, depending on the cloud cover. Nearby you can swim in thermal waters at Tabacon, thought to provide healing properties in its mineral pools.
- Have an up close experience of a volcano at Volcan Poas National Park
- Witness the diverse wildlife of Tortuguero National Park with your local guide
- Take in the panoramic views of Arenal Volcano
- Enjoy a relaxing time by the beach at Manuel Antonio National Park
- Visit a breeding ground of butterflies at La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Paddle down the Peñas Blancas River
- Take an exhilarating zipline at Sky Adventure Park
- Relax by the coastline of Manuel Antonio National Park
- Exclusive, high-end and adults only resort located in the Volcano region of Arenal.
- Each villa offers a private plunge pool fed by natural mineral hot springs.
- A Relais & Chateaux property that is home to three of Arenal's top rated restaurants.
- Each villa is looked after by a private host to assist guests with anything they need during their stay.
- The extensive spa options give you access to treatment areas privately tucked away in pockets of Rainforest.
Just a 10 minute drive from Arenal town, this charming hotel is perfectly placed for exploring one of Costa Rica’s most monumental natural sights. 40 comfortable rooms are equipped with modern amenities such as flat-screen televisions, complimentary Wifi, air-conditioning and private bathrooms with rainforest showers. The property is surrounded by natural flora and fauna in its extensive and beaut...
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details