Set on the Pacific Ocean, Peru’s capital is a low-slung city of traditional colonial buildings contrasted with a growing cosmopolitan centre of gleaming skyscrapers.
Lima is the second-driest capital city in the world, looming above a coastline of crumbling cliffs that often draw a veil of dense fog up into the streets. Despite Peru’s otherwise relaxed pace, the city bustles from dawn to dusk with a soundtrack of pacific waves crashing into the shore and the snarl of noisy traffic.
Like most capital cities, Lima embraces both old and new architectural influences. High-rise apartment blocks in shimmering steel and glass sit alongside pre-Columbian era temples; museums display ancient pottery while contemporary galleries showcase the latest modern art; religious processions fuse with dance clubs reverberating to a Latin beat.
Much has been done to restore the city’s colonial centre to its former glory, including reinvigorating museums like the Museo de Oro – the Gold Museum, and the Museo de Antropologia y Arqueologia, which celebrates the country’s people, archaeology and history.
Overlooking the impressive El Malecón, a stretch of leafy parks on Lima’s Costa Verde, the Miraflores Park, A Belmond Hotel, Lima has an enviable location with a breath-taking view towards the Pacific Ocean. Renowned for its beautiful garden location, this 11-story, all-suite hotel combines the very best of luxury accommodation and exceptional dining with a warm welcome. Relax by the heated rooft...
Hotel B is a stylish boutique hotel located in Barranco and a member of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux group. Originally constructed in 1914 and carefully restored with the oversight of an Italian master woodworker, the hotel building itself is a work of art within the bohemian neighbourhood of Barranco. Centrally located, Hotel B is close to Barranco’s major traditional and cultural sights; t...
- Learn about the Peruvian history in Lima
- Explore the vibrant markets and ancient ruins of the Sacred Valley
- See the magnificent structure of Machu Picchu
- Visit the Brazilian and Argentinian sides of Iguazu Falls
- Stroll around the historic city of Lima
- Explore the charming town of Ollantaytambo
- Marvel at the breathtaking sight of Machu Picchu
- See the Moai statues in Easter Island
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Urubamba River
- Witness a breathtaking sunrise at the iconic Machu Picchu
- Journey through Peruvian Highlands onboard the luxurious Belmond Andean Explorer
- Visit the key highlights of Lima including Plaza de Armas
- Enjoy the stunning views of Salinas y Aguada Blanca National Reserve
- Navigate the sparkling Lake Titicaca by boat
- Take the luxurious Belmond Sleeper Train to Cuzco
- Learn the history of the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu
- Explore the Peruvian Amazon with your knowledgeable guide
- Learn more about the rich indigenous culture of the Sacred Valley
- Take a tour around the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu
- See the chocolate-making process in Cuzco
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details