Our top picks for October Half Term Holidays 2021
- Divine restaurants including Michelin-starred Abama Kabuki and double Michelin-starred M.B
- The largest Ritz Kids in Europe, with activities celebrating Water, Land, Environmental responsibility, and Culture
- Seven swimming pools offer a mix of adult-only and family friendly
- Jogging and hiking trails through botanical gardens
- Save up to 15% on accommodation
- Access to the isolated private beach set within the picturesque cove
- Water sports include scuba diving centre, sailing and yacht rental
- Book a suite or villa and have access to the resident’s club, an ultra-luxe all-inclusive offering
- Just 15 minutes fom Agios Nikolaos, with boutique shops and local tavernas
- Save up to 20% on accommodation
- A blissful retreat set in 16 hectares of Moorish gardens and refreshing pools
- The resident tea expert will teach you the secrets to brewing the perfect pot of authentic Moroccan mint tea
- Authentic Moroccan hammam experience with a full-body exfoliation and body mask made from Atlas Mountains clay
- Supervised children’s Kasbah featuring theatre, swimming pool, outdoor play space and mini kitchen
- Save 20% on accommodation
- 65 acres of landscaped gardens dotted with shimmering fountains and quiet spaces
- Each room features a spectacular view over Palm Island Bay
- The beautiful swimming pool overlooks the Arabian Gulf, with an additional two pools available at sister property ‘The Palace’
- Nina, the hotel’s Indo-European restaurant, is a great place to relax whilst sampling a range of culinary delights
- Save up to 25% on accommodation
- Activities include paddle boats, water skiing and snorkelling, or explore the area on horse back
- Enjoy private butler service and 24-hour in room dining
- A mile long beach and large, lagoon-style swimming pool with ocean views
- Kids will love The Planters Club, with activities including cooking classes, treasure hunts and movies under the stars
- Save up to 35% on accommodation
- Save up to £1,220 per family
- Rooms and suites are perfect for families with plenty of space
- Dedicated Beehive kids club in a fantasy-like den
- A short walk takes you to the beach and stunning coastal towns
- For the height of luxury, stay in one of the Treehouses (some even include a hot tub!)
- Access to Spa facilities
- Free Kids Club
- 23 restaurants and bars including Nobu and Michelin-starred Hakkasan
- Free unlimited access to Aquaventure Waterpark and 1.4km of private beach
- The Wavehouse, featuring a Wave Rider machine, fun arcades and a four-lane bowling alley
- Atlantis Kids Club at the resort for ages 3-12 and The Zone for teens aged 13-17
- October Half Term
- Free unlimited access to Aquaventure Waterpark
When is the October half term in 2021?
Monday 25 October - Friday 29 October.
Where should I go on holiday with my family during the October half term?
Average temperatures: Highs of 26°C
Time difference: None
Flight duration: Between 4-5 hours long
Rainfall: Only 2 days of rain on average in October
Nothing could be further than a miserable rainy October day in the UK to one spent immersing yourself in the volcanic majesty of the Canary Islands. Tenerife is the best known of the islands, famous for fashionable cities, picturesque coastline and breathtaking natural surroundings. The island has an array of incredible activities for families, including Siam Park, a world-class waterpark with exhilarating rides.
Average temperatures: Highs of 24°C
Time difference: 2 hours ahead of the UK (GMT +2 hours)
Flight duration: Between Greece is about 3-4 hours long
Rainfall: 7 days of rain on average in October
The landscape of Greece is so varied and dramatic that you’re certain to find something to suit your October half term holiday needs. Mainland cities are packed with culture, fine dining and history, the countryside is as idyllic as they come, and, for those of you who feel the call of the ocean, an island-hopping adventure is the stuff that dreams are made of.
Average temperatures: Highs of 28°C
Time difference: 1 hour ahead of the UK (GMT +1 hours)
Flight duration: Between 3-4 hours
Rainfall: 3 days of rain on average in October
The bustling souks, unique architecture, culture, and history, landscapes that seem to be taken straight out of a fairy-tale, and sumptuous luxury that rivals anywhere else in the world. This is what you can expect to find if you jet off to the romantic shores of Morocco for an exotic October escape filled with sights and sounds that are irreplicable elsewhere.
Average temperatures: Highs of 28°C
Time difference: 4 hours ahead of the UK (GMT +4 hours).
Flight duration: Approx. 12 hours long direct
Rainfall: 10 days of rain on average in October
Mauritius is the proud home of 177km of glistening, unspoiled coastline, boasting a magnificent ecosystem of bright fish and coral reefs. This makes Mauritius an ideal destination for beach and watersport lovers. Further inland you’ll find tropical beauty equal to that of the sun-kissed coast, with dramatic mountainscapes and cascading waterfalls. Wherever you roam, you’ll find vibrant Mauritian culture and a warm welcome.
Average temperatures: Highs of 35°C
Time difference: 4 hours ahead of the UK (GMT +4 hours)
Flight duration: Between 6-7 hours long direct
Rainfall: 0 days of rain on average in October
Nowhere could provide you with a more unique dose of October sun than Dubai. With temperatures slightly milder than the summer, but still soaring higher than anywhere on this list, October might just be the perfect time to visit the gleaming cities, world famous attractions, otherworldly natural landscapes, renowned culinary scene, and unparalleled luxury that make Dubai a one-of-a-kind destination.