Our top picks for October Half Term Holidays 2021
- Pick up a bike and explore the area with tailored routes and GPS navigation
- Kids can enjoy music, sports, art and fitness at The Zone while parents relax
- Excellent selection of restaurants with flexible meal plans including Michelin-starred dining
- Take the private train down to the golden sands of The Beach Club
- Save up to 15% on accommodation
- A blissful retreat set in 16 hectares of Moorish gardens and refreshing pools
- The resident tea expert will teach you the secrets to brewing the perfect pot of authentic Moroccan mint tea
- Authentic Moroccan hammam experience with a full-body exfoliation and body mask made from Atlas Mountains clay
- Supervised children’s Kasbah featuring theatre, swimming pool, outdoor play space and mini kitchen
- Save 20% on accommodation
- 65 acres of landscaped gardens dotted with shimmering fountains and quiet spaces
- Each room features a spectacular view over Palm Island Bay
- The beautiful swimming pool overlooks the Arabian Gulf, with an additional two pools available at sister property ‘The Palace’
- Nina, the hotel’s Indo-European restaurant, is a great place to relax whilst sampling a range of culinary delights
- Save up to 25% on accommodation
- Rooms and suites are perfect for families with plenty of space
- Dedicated Beehive kids club in a fantasy-like den
- A short walk takes you to the beach and stunning coastal towns
- For the height of luxury, stay in one of the Treehouses (some even include a hot tub!)
- Access to Spa facilities
- Free Kids Club
- Guests receive complimentary access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Have fun at Wave House’s wave machine, bowling alley and arcade
- Guests of Imperial Club rooms can enjoy a private beach area and Club Lounge
- Interconnecting rooms make this hotel perfect for families
- Free half board
- Unwind with a complimentary daily 50-minute spa treatment
- Enjoy all-inclusive dining options across six restaurants
- Incredible array of land and sea activities included such as yoga, kayaking and windsurfing
- State of the art PADI accredited dive centre and sailing club
- Save on all-inclusive rates
- Set on a private peninsula and surrounded by 2km of pristine sands
- Complimentary water activites include water skiing, kayaks, snorkelling and paddle boarding
- Kayak through the mangroves of the resort’s 60 acre private peninsula
- Glass bottom boat trips are available so you can see the wonders under the sea
- Save up to 30% on accommodation
- Free half board
- Home to Phuket's only Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Trisara’s creative production team DDEN enables guests to capture their holiday stories in novel digital formats.
- Jara Spa: discover an unusual walking meditation practised by Buddhist monks or enjoy a Thai thermal massage.
- JYour dedicated resort host will take you to meet some of Phuket Old Town’s interesting personalities.
- Stunning 2 to 7 bedroom pool residences, perfect for families.
- Save on accommodation
- Adult only hotel (16+)
- Extensive programme of activities including yoga, pilates and gastronomic and cultural workshops
- 3 outdoor heated pools and a beach
- Save 10% on accommodation
- Variety of restaurants from authentic Greek dining to pan Asian Cuisine
- Activities include watersports, yoga deck plus indoor and outdoor pools
- Family friendly activities as well as Kids' Club and kids' pool
- Home to the award-winning Angsana Spa
- Located near UNESCO World Heritage Site Corfu old town
- Activities include water sports and a yoga deck
- Award-winning spa offers outdoor spa pavillions
- Fine dining serving Michelin-starred chef Bortini's recipes
- Idyllic location - enjoy a crescent-shaped white sand beach with a backdrop of lush green rainforest
- The beach naturally splits into adult and family areas, with the Bay Suites and The Jetty Grill both adult-only
- Wide choice of activities, including watersports, yoga pavilion, 45 seat cinema and 9 tennis courts
- Diverse dining options including Japanese, Thai and Indonesian inspired cuisine at East
- Great kids' clubs and programmes for ages 6 months up to early teens
- Idyllic location with a crescent, white sand beach
- Adult and family beach areas
- A wide choice of activities including watersports, and yoga
- Great kids' club for ages 6 months up to early teens
When is the October half term in 2021?
Monday 25 October - Friday 29 October.
Where should I go on holiday with my family during the October half term?
Average temperatures: Highs of 26°C
Time difference: None
Flight duration: Between 4-5 hours long
Rainfall: Only 2 days of rain on average in October
Nothing could be further than a miserable rainy October day in the UK to one spent immersing yourself in the volcanic majesty of the Canary Islands. Tenerife is the best known of the islands, famous for fashionable cities, picturesque coastline and breathtaking natural surroundings. The island has an array of incredible activities for families, including Siam Park, a world-class waterpark with exhilarating rides.
Average temperatures: Highs of 24°C
Time difference: 2 hours ahead of the UK (GMT +2 hours)
Flight duration: Between Greece is about 3-4 hours long
Rainfall: 7 days of rain on average in October
The landscape of Greece is so varied and dramatic that you’re certain to find something to suit your October half term holiday needs. Mainland cities are packed with culture, fine dining and history, the countryside is as idyllic as they come, and, for those of you who feel the call of the ocean, an island-hopping adventure is the stuff that dreams are made of.
Average temperatures: Highs of 28°C
Time difference: 1 hour ahead of the UK (GMT +1 hours)
Flight duration: Between 3-4 hours
Rainfall: 3 days of rain on average in October
The bustling souks, unique architecture, culture, and history, landscapes that seem to be taken straight out of a fairy-tale, and sumptuous luxury that rivals anywhere else in the world. This is what you can expect to find if you jet off to the romantic shores of Morocco for an exotic October escape filled with sights and sounds that are irreplicable elsewhere.
Average temperatures: Highs of 28°C
Time difference: 4 hours ahead of the UK (GMT +4 hours).
Flight duration: Approx. 12 hours long direct
Rainfall: 10 days of rain on average in October
Mauritius is the proud home of 177km of glistening, unspoiled coastline, boasting a magnificent ecosystem of bright fish and coral reefs. This makes Mauritius an ideal destination for beach and watersport lovers. Further inland you’ll find tropical beauty equal to that of the sun-kissed coast, with dramatic mountainscapes and cascading waterfalls. Wherever you roam, you’ll find vibrant Mauritian culture and a warm welcome.
Average temperatures: Highs of 35°C
Time difference: 4 hours ahead of the UK (GMT +4 hours)
Flight duration: Between 6-7 hours long direct
Rainfall: 0 days of rain on average in October
Nowhere could provide you with a more unique dose of October sun than Dubai. With temperatures slightly milder than the summer, but still soaring higher than anywhere on this list, October might just be the perfect time to visit the gleaming cities, world famous attractions, otherworldly natural landscapes, renowned culinary scene, and unparalleled luxury that make Dubai a one-of-a-kind destination.