Asia is the largest and most populated continent in the world. Taking up almost a third of the planet’s landmass, Asia is a continent of juxtapositions, of beauty, and of plenty. Are you looking to retreat and relax beneath cobalt blue skies, lying on white sands by turquoise shores? Do you seek to delve into some of the world’s most important heritage sites, hubs of religion, architectural wonders, pillars of history?
Is it more your style to dive into the cosmopolitan hustle and bustle in the excitement of sprawling cities? Or is a holiday about panoramic vistas, trekking through verdant, undulating hills, lush tropical jungle or sulphurous, volcanic panoramas, meeting exotic, rare wildlife en route? Asia is the key to all these experiences, and more. To fully explore Asia would take many lifetimes - so let us create the right tour for you; a holiday set to stimulate your senses. Our fully bespoke, tailored tour holidays revolve, entirely, around you. Explore Asia your way.
Looking down from the Buddhist temples perching high up in the hills of Bhutan, you truly are looking at life tucked away from the modern world. This tiny kingdom, known as the Land of the Thunder Dragon, is set high up in the Himalayas and is proudly independent. Having never been colonised, its identity is sure-footed, and founded in Buddhist benevolence. This is, after all, the country that pioneered the idea of Gross National Happiness as a way of assessing the collective wellbeing of its population.
Asia’s vast swathes of perfect white beach against cobalt waters are hard to beat, for utter relaxation and retreat from the daily grind, in the most peaceful of environs. Plump for Thailand’s Koh Samui for island community and spectacular beaches. The island of Bali offers the warmest of welcomes; pure hospitality and colourful culture. If you’d like to combine your beach relaxation with both amazing wildlife and delicious cuisine, alternatively, Malaysia is a sure-fire hit.
This continent truly covers the broadest spectrum of experiences. Man-made history comes in the form of temples, palaces and monuments from across the centuries, alongside the most bustling, modern and high-tech cities. The continent is scattered with places of religious contemplation for many faiths, including the Buddhist monasteries of Bhutan, the Hindu (and then Buddhist) temples of Cambodia, such as Prasat Preah Vihear, Koh Ker or Angkor Wat, the ultimate architecture of heartbreaking love and loss which is the mausoleum of the Taj Mahal, or cruise along the Ganges taking in Varanasi, Hinduism’s direct link between earthly life and the life beyond. Singapore and Hong Kong, meanwhile, are known for being at the cutting edge; cities with both amazing history and a fantastic modern buzz on offer as buildings climb ever skyward and the city throbs and hums with life.
We can’t even begin to highlight all of the awe-inspiring locations that Asia has to offer. If you want to discover this continent and all it has to offer, why not get one of our specialists to give you a free callback today?
- Explore the contrasting shopping streets of Nakamise and Omotesando in Tokyo
- Take a boat ride on volcanic Lake Ashi and hopefully catch a glimpse of Mount Fuji
- Discover the breath-taking beauty of Kanazawa’s Kenrokuen Garden
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage listed Shirakawago village with its ‘praying hands’ rooftops
- See both sides of old and modern Tokyo
- Visit the stunning “floating Torii gate” at Miyajima Island
- Listen to the ‘chirping’ nightingale floors as you walk through Nijo Castle
- Experience a traditional Japanese tea ceremony with a professional instructor
- Enjoy snorkelling in the clear waters of Komodo Island
- Follow the trail to Banunggulung for Komodo dragon spotting
Gliding gracefully through the sea on a tall ship with crisp white sails and shining teak decks... what better way to embark on a Southeast Asian adventure? Starting and ending in Bali, Star Clippers returns to Indonesia again in Summer 2020, visiting many remote and fascinating places that other larger cruise ships simply can't reach. The Star Clipper combines nostalgic nautical touches with high...
- Marvel at the ancient temple complex of Angkor Wat
- Visit the Buddhist monastery of Banteay Kdei
- Immerse yourself in local life on a boat trip to Tonle Sap Lake
- Interact with the locals during a traditional game of petanque in Luang Prabang
- Enjoy some free time at the breathtaking Kuang Si Waterfalls
- Witness Khmer cultural dance by the riverside of Phnom Penh
- Explore the beautiful ancient temple complex of Angkor Wat
- Enjoy a welcome dinner at Phnom Penh's top restaurant serving authentic Khmer cuisine
- Have a traditional lunch in one of the picnic huts at the foot of Oudong Mountain
- Watch a traditional Apsara dance performance during your dinner at Raffles Hotel in Siem Reap
- Join a cooking class and learn how to combine local spices at a beautiful countryside home
- Take a city tour in a typical cyclo visiting Wat Phnom, the National Museum and the Royal Palace
- Visit Angkor Wat at sunrise for an unforgettable view of the temples
- Learn the art of Khmer cooking with a Royal Khmer Cuisine Cooking Class
- Learn Cambodia's turbulent history on a guided tour in Phnom Penh
- Take a historic walk around the ancient city of Angkor Thom
- Take a boat trip through Tonle Sap Lake pass floating houses and mangrove forests
- Relax by the beach of Hua Hin
- Visit the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre for the morning orang utan feeding
- Look for Borneo's iconic Proboscis monkey, orangutans or pygmy elephants
- Take a dip in the hot sulphur baths
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details