Australasia is like so many continents at once. Comprising Australia and New Zealand as well as 600 offshore islands including the Pacific Islands, you can experience extremes of climate as well as of landscape and of culture.
The Great Barrier Reef, Bondi Beach and Sydney might be first on the agenda for many when visiting Australia - but there is so much more to this epic landmass. As well as the other fascinating, diverse and bustling cities dotting this great country (think Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, for starters) there is amazing natural scenes to discover.
The ‘Red Centre’ is the name given to an amazing panorama of desert planes, gorges and mountains in Australia’s centre. It also hosts some of Aboriginal Australians’ most sacred sites, including Uluru (Ayres Rock) and Kata Tjuta. There is also the vast and rugged wilderness of the island of Tasmania to discover, off Australia’s South coast. Amongst all that, of course, there are more than 10,000 amazing beaches to discover along this golden coastline.
Across the waters of the Tasman Sea lie the two peaceful islands that make up New Zealand, or Aotearoa to its aboriginal Maori population. Australasia is rich with aboriginal history, which is slowly starting to be respected and prized by the colonising populations.
The aboriginal connection with the land, in particular, for both Maori, Australian Aborigine and Aboriginal Pacific Islander populations, is now being held up as a way for all cultures to follow - to respect and perpetuate the conditions on Earth as we know it.
A wealth of outdoor pursuits can be enjoyed across New Zealand - head to Queenstown to take a helicopter ride up to Fox Glacier and trek across the glowing blue glacial ice, avoiding the fathoms-deep crevasses that open up beneath. Get bungee jumping, skiing, rafting or biking, amongst many more activities, in this adrenaline-fuelled hotspot.
For a more contemplative connection to nature, sail the dramatic fjords of Milford Sound in search of whales, and make sure to head to Rotorua to properly engage with the amazing Maori history of Aotearoa.
600 miles north of New Zealand, of course, are the Pacific Islands. Sometimes divided into Polynesia, Melanesia and Micronesia, these islands dot the vast waters of the Pacific Ocean, and are astoundingly diverse. Polynesian islands include Samoa, Tonga and the Cook Islands, whilst Fiji, Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands are part of Melanesia.
The 332 islands which comprise Fiji are famed for their people’s friendliness, as well as paradise-perfected palm-fringed beaches. Tahiti and Bora Bora are part of French Polynesia, a tapestry of islands painted every shade of blue as perfect Pacific waters meet everlasting sea-sky horizons.
Tahiti is the largest island in French Polynesia (but is still only 48km across at its widest point), and its landscapes and peoples captivated Paul Gauguin so much so that his artistry is redolent with Tahitian scenes. Famed for its volcanic black sands, this French-speaking island is wafted by the scent of vanilla on the breeze of this tropical island idyll.
Bora Bora is possibly the most celebrated island of French Polynesia - the romantic allure of its turquoise seascapes being the ideal honeymoon for so many couples. Just an hour’s plane ride from Tahitian capital Papeete, Bora Bora offers rainforest peaks creeping down to waters of every shade of blue in the artist’s palette.
The amazing sights and sounds of Australasia are the paradise dreams are made of. With so many perfect islands and huge stretches of landscape to explore, why not contact the Inspiring Travel Company, to let us create an Australasian tour, tailormade and completely bespoke to you?
Your every desire for an Australasian holiday can be wrapped up in the perfect ITC package! If you’re in need of a taste of paradise, we can call you back today for a free consultation.
- Explore the quaint villages and secluded beach of the Bay of Islands
- Visit Rotorua’s volcanic and geothermal attractions
- Take a tour of Pukaha Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre with a park ranger and learn more about New Zealand’s unique flora and fauna
- Enjoy the pristine coastline on a private cruise in the Abel Tasman National Park
- Enjoy a scenic flight and cruise of Milford Sound
- Take a helicopter flight over the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers
- Join the mail run by boat around the beautiful Queen Charlotte Sound
- Visit three of Marlborough’s best wineries on a gentle cycling tour
- Take in stunning views of Perth from Kings Park Botanic Gardens, visit the historical port of Fremantle, watch the Indian Ocean sparkle at Cottesloe Beach and take a leisurely cruise on the Swan River
- An exciting day out with downhill sand-boarding on Lancelin Sand Dunes and wander through the mystical Pinnacle Desert
- Explore the beautiful wine growing region of Margaret River, enjoy a gourmet lunch platter with beer and cider tasting plus visit a vineyard for wine tasting
- Spend a day on the delightful Rottnest Island, home of the mischievous quokka, a small wallaby-like marsupial, and explore the island by bike in search of a secluded cove just for you and yours
- Discover the diversity of New Zealand's North Island, from the rolling farmlands and beautiful waters of the Bay of Islands to the volcanic landscapes of Rotorua and winelands of Hawkes Bay
- Join a guided walk through the Franz Josef valley right up to the glacier terminus
- Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the spectacular Dart River in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Discover the outstanding natural beauty of Milford Sound on a nature cruise around this pristine fjord
- Create the perfect family holiday by adding exciting and inspiring experiences from a comprehensive selection
- Embark on a magical journey through Middle-earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set from Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Add unique experiences such as bungee jumping, jet boating or stargazing
- Enjoy locally produced specialty foods, succulent fresh New Zealand oysters, and award-winning olive oil on Waiheke Island
- Discover flavoursome white wines and full bodied red wines of New Zealand's Hawkes Bay region
- Cycle through the vineyards of the south island's Marlborough wine region
- Take a tour through New Zealand’s largest underground wine cave and enjoy a gourmet wine barrel-cooked lunch with matching wines
- Enjoy travelling in small groups to gain an in-depth understanding of Tasmania's convict heritage and history in Richmond and Port Arthur Historic Site
- Explore this remote island and its coastal fossil caves, visit the historic Darlington probation station and try to spot native wildlife such as wombats and wallabies
- Board the majestic steam train that follows the West Coast Wilderness Railway deep into the Tasmanian wilderness and rugged terrain
- Take a self-guided tour through the historic Woolmers Estate and Brickendon farm village and spend the night in an authentic convict cottage
- Explore Darwin and its cultural attractions
- Learn the rich aboriginal traditions and heritage at Litchfield National Park
- Visit Mikkinj Valley for spectacular scenery and wildlife spotting
- Enjoy a magnificent bush setting for dinner in Alice Springs
- Indulge on premium wines during your Swan Valley Food & Wine Tour in Perth
- Spend a spectacular day exploring the Great Barrier Reef during your cruise
- Watch the sunrise at the stunning Kata Tjuta
- Join a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House
- Island-hop around three of French Polynesia's most popular islands, Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora
- Discover the natural beauty of Moorea on an exciting 4WD adventure to elevated lookout points and waterfalls
- Embark on a romantic sailing excursion around Bora Bora spotting reef sharks and enjoy a barbecue lunch
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details