- Join a guided walking tour among the narrow streets and charming markets of Palermo.
- Meet the Princess during a tour of the palace Alliata di Pietratagliata.
- Visit an oil mill and get a tasting of the famous Sicilian extra virgin olive oil.
- Enjoy a private guided tour of the Valley of the Temples, a Greek site from 582 BC.
- Best time to travel Apr - Oct
Western Sicily is a little-explored nook of Mediterranean Europe that has a history, culture and landscape that is born for a touring holiday. Closer to the picturesque image of traditional Sicily than anywhere else on the island, expect rustic bliss and less tourists to share the scenery with.
An incredibly close proximity to Africa has given western Sicily a unique cultural flair influenced by the Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Normans, Spanish, and then finally the Italians, so expect stunning architecture and tantalizing cuisine that fuses a range of cultural flavours. This region of the island is also famous for its wine and olive oil, and the picturesque countryside is littered with vineyards just waiting to be explored.
With magnificent countryside, breathtaking history and picturesque coastline, all coming alongside shopping, architecture, and delicious dining in bustling cities like Palermo, Western Sicily is the perfect destination for a tour. Whichever way you want to experience this unique European jewel, our Travel Specialists are on hand to tailor-make every aspect of your tour to Western Sicily.