Stretching from the ice cold straits of the Arctic Ocean to the North and the Caribbean Sea to the south, the continent of North America stretches across vast swathes of land, through all sorts of different climates, landscapes, and diverse populations.
With a population of almost 580 million people, The first peoples travelled the Bering Strait to North America up to 40,000 years ago, during the last glacial period, and the arrival of European settlers began in 1492. This is a continent truly shaped by history, for better and for worse.
The Native Americans who peopled these lands for millennia have a vast and nuanced history of their relationship with the land, and then since 1492 there has been the history of human interaction in a colonial system, where European settlers changed and shaped the America Native Americans knew. Many African Americans settled in North America after the history of slavery brought them or their ancestors to the West Indies and American mainland, too.
Today, North America is the richest continent in the world by GDP, and has some of the most enthralling and iconic cities on earth - from New York to Chicago to San Francisco to Los Angeles, Las Vegas to Toronto to Vancouver. The list goes on.
The landscape, however, trumps the cities for most visitors. From the Grand Canyon to Yosemite National Park, Niagara Falls to the Rockies to the Great Plains, the stunning natural landscapes North America has to offer should not be overlooked. There are spectacular mountain ranges, fiercely barren deserts, ancient forest land, awe-inspiring waterfalls, canyons, glaciers and caves, and extinct volcanoes and swamps.
Whether you’re looking to get outdoors, hiking under the most immense canvas of stars you’ve ever witnessed, or hot air balloon ride over the Sonoran Desert, Arizona could the best location to kick off your luxury North American tour. To dip in and out of both culture and vultures (literally, Californian Condors and Turkey Vultures soar majestically over these Wild West scenes), California could be the place to be. As well as those sun-kissed surf vibes, you can experience the high life and bright lights of Los Angeles and Hollywood, whilst also making time for a detour into Yosemite, with its 750 miles of trail to explore.
Drive the Pacific Coast Highway for stunning ocean views, or head to Lake Tahoe’s myriad shades of blue and green. For a once-in-a-lifetime city break (that you’ll be keen to repeat!), there is no beating New York. Iconic and sophisticated, the city is jam-packed with arts and entertainment, shopping and fine dining, as well as a famously strong-minded population, an amazing Central Park and the lady presiding over it all, the Statue of Liberty.
North America is a huge continent, throwing up some amazing holiday destinations, with something to suit every taste. Our tailor made, bespoke North America tours are written specifically for you - to make sure your North American holiday is all you had ever dreamed, and more.
- Discover the diversity landscapes and history while visiting all four of Atlantic Canada's provinces
- Experience the World's Highest Tides in New Brunswick and Hike a section of the new 700km Island Walk at Prince Edward Island
- Spend a day on one of Canada's most spectacular scenic drives - The Cabot Trail
- Spot the incredible humpback whales in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Five nights at Seal River Heritage Lodge, located in a prime position for enjoying tundra treks and marine tours
- Embark on daily guided hikes to view polar bears and other Arctic wildlife, in their natural habitat
- Learn about the Arctic ecosystems, landscape and lifestyle in the evening educational presentations by lodge managers or naturalist guides
- Zodiac tours will take you to view beluga whales where they congregate by the thousands in the summer months
- Explore the beautiful Okanagan Valley with its lakes, mountains, vineyards and fruit farms
- Discover the Canadian Rockies and Yoho National Park while staying at the stunning Cathedral Mountain Lodge
- Visit Wells Gray Provincial Park, famous for its 39 named waterfalls and hike through the wild Chilcotin Mountains
- Travel on the Peak2Peak Gondola between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains
- Enjoy city sights and forest escape as you explore Vancouver city's highlights combined with a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
- Take part in some winter fun in the glamorous Whistler Blackcomb, North America’s largest ski resort.
- Enjoy more winter activities in Whitehorse including snowmobiling, dog sledding and the breathtaking Northern Lights viewing experience.
- Visit the thundering Niagara Falls and enjoy lunch at the quaint village of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Cruise through Ontario’s Thousand Islands on the St Lawrence River
- Meet a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Montreal
- Wander through Quebec’s Old Quarter exploring its preserved historic district
- Drive along the Icefields Parkway through the majestic Canadian Rockies and take the Ice Explorer on to Athabasca Glacier
- Board the luxurious SilverSea Silver Muse and navigate through the Inside Passage to Alaska's breathtaking natural scenery.
- Enjoy a fantastic wildlife spotting opportunities in Ketchikan home to grizzly and black bears as well as whales and seals.
- Embark on a remarkable adventure in the glacier country of Juneau with an opportunity to visit the majestic Mendenhall Glacier.
- Discover some of Churchill's highlights which includes a visit to historical Cape Merry and the Eskimo Museum.
- Go on a Tundra Buggy Adventure to see some of Churchill's wildlife including its most famous resident - polar bears.
- Enjoy an authentic dog sledding experience through boreal forest with your local dog musher.
- Explore the urban centre of Toronto via a sightseeing tour with a visit to Chinatown and a drive by the famous CN Tower.
- See the thunderous Niagara Falls via an exhilarating Hornblower Cruise or a Journey Behind The Falls tour.
- Take Canada's comfortable VIA Rail service between Toronto and Ontario where you can stretch out in business seats and enjoy exquisite meals.
- Enjoy a morning river cruise in Ottawa which offers some of the most spectacular views of this beautiful city.
- Explore the vibrant city of Vancouver renowned for its scenic beauty, rich cultural background and endless outdoor activities.
- Discover Victoria's quaint and historic waterfront
- Fall in love with Banff's historic charm and breathtaking natural beauty best viewed from the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain.
- Feast your eyes with Lake Louise's picture perfect beauty of turquoise waters ringed by high mountain peaks.
- Glide over mountains and the gulf islands taking in spectacular scenery on your seaplane transfers from Whistler to Victoria and Vancouver
- Take the Peak 2 Peak Gondola between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains for an exhilarating aerial journey
- Head out on the water from Victoria Harbour in search of Orcas, Mike or Grey Whales, porpoises and harbour seals
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the magnificent 55-acres of Butchart Gardens, a horticultural marvel
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On hand when
you need us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details