Stretching from the ice cold straits of the Arctic Ocean to the North and the Caribbean Sea to the south, the continent of North America stretches across vast swathes of land, through all sorts of different climates, landscapes, and diverse populations.
With a population of almost 580 million people, The first peoples travelled the Bering Strait to North America up to 40,000 years ago, during the last glacial period, and the arrival of European settlers began in 1492. This is a continent truly shaped by history, for better and for worse.
The Native Americans who peopled these lands for millennia have a vast and nuanced history of their relationship with the land, and then since 1492 there has been the history of human interaction in a colonial system, where European settlers changed and shaped the America Native Americans knew. Many African Americans settled in North America after the history of slavery brought them or their ancestors to the West Indies and American mainland, too.
Today, North America is the richest continent in the world by GDP, and has some of the most enthralling and iconic cities on earth - from New York to Chicago to San Francisco to Los Angeles, Las Vegas to Toronto to Vancouver. The list goes on.
The landscape, however, trumps the cities for most visitors. From the Grand Canyon to Yosemite National Park, Niagara Falls to the Rockies to the Great Plains, the stunning natural landscapes North America has to offer should not be overlooked. There are spectacular mountain ranges, fiercely barren deserts, ancient forest land, awe-inspiring waterfalls, canyons, glaciers and caves, and extinct volcanoes and swamps.
Whether you’re looking to get outdoors, hiking under the most immense canvas of stars you’ve ever witnessed, or hot air balloon ride over the Sonoran Desert, Arizona could the best location to kick off your luxury North American tour. To dip in and out of both culture and vultures (literally, Californian Condors and Turkey Vultures soar majestically over these Wild West scenes), California could be the place to be. As well as those sun-kissed surf vibes, you can experience the high life and bright lights of Los Angeles and Hollywood, whilst also making time for a detour into Yosemite, with its 750 miles of trail to explore.
Drive the Pacific Coast Highway for stunning ocean views, or head to Lake Tahoe’s myriad shades of blue and green. For a once-in-a-lifetime city break (that you’ll be keen to repeat!), there is no beating New York. Iconic and sophisticated, the city is jam-packed with arts and entertainment, shopping and fine dining, as well as a famously strong-minded population, an amazing Central Park and the lady presiding over it all, the Statue of Liberty.
North America is a huge continent, throwing up some amazing holiday destinations, with something to suit every taste. Our tailor made, bespoke North America tours are written specifically for you - to make sure your North American holiday is all you had ever dreamed, and more.
- Sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on your private, former America’s Cup yacht
- Enjoy gourmet food and fine wine on your exclusive private tour of Napa wineries
- Embark on an exhilarating eco-rafting adventure on Monterey Bay in search of whales, dolphins and other marine wildlife
- Soar high above the Hollywood sign, Universal Studios Hollywood and the Beverly Hills homes of celebrities on a private helicopter flight
- Spend a day exploring Memphis and its vibrant music scene. Take an optional self guided tour around Elvis Presley's Graceland.
- Sail along the mighty Mississippi River on an authentic River Steamboat
- Enjoy a selection of inclusive shore excursions at each of your ports of call
- Wander through New Orleans vibrant French Quarter, or take an optional air boat ride through the swamps and bayou country
- In Palm Springs relax by the pool, play a round of golf or discover the nightlife of this desert oasis
- Take to the skies on a helicopter flight for a bird's eye view of the breathtaking Grand Canyon
- Watch acrobatics fly through the air and performing death-defying acts at one of Las Vegas' Cirque du Soleil Shows
- Take a self guided tour of Alcatraz, the former federal penitentiary for America's most notorious criminals
- Explore the beautiful Okanagan Valley with its lakes, mountains, vineyards and fruit farms
- Discover the Canadian Rockies and Yoho National Park while staying at the stunning Cathedral Mountain Lodge
- Visit Wells Gray Provincial Park, famous for its 39 named waterfalls and hike through the wild Chilcotin Mountains
- Travel on the Peak2Peak Gondola between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains
- Enjoy your stay at the award-winning White Stallion Ranch frequented by Hollywood filmmakers for its unspoiled desert and rugged mountains scenery.
- Walk back in time as you spend your days in Tombstone Monument Ranch built in the image of an old west town.
- Experience scenic horseback ride trails frequented by US Presidents in the historic Rancho de la Osa.
- Enjoy true Canadian hospitality in Three Fairmont Canadian Rocky Mountain Hotels
- Take the Banff Gondola to the peak of Sulphur Mountain for panoramic views and cruise on the glacial waters of Lake Minnewanka, the longest lake in Canada’s Rocky Mountain Parks
- Climb the Columbia Icefields on the Ice Explorer and Hang Over the Valley on the Glacier Skywalk
- Take a Leisurely Cruise on Jasper National Park’s Maligne Lake to Spirit Island
- Visit some of Oahu's famous sights such as Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay Oahu's prime snorkelling destination and the famous surfing beaches of the north shore
- Known at the 'Pacific's Grand Canyon', stand at the edge of Waimea Canyon and take in the dramatic views of this 4,000 feet deep natural phenomenon
- Laze and soak up the sun on one of Hawaii's stunning beaches such as Waikiki on Oahu or Kaanapali Beach on Maui
- Explore the volcanic landscapes and lava tubes on the Big Island, Hawaii
- Explore Canada's largest and most diverse city visiting iconic sights such as the CN Tower
- Discover the spectacular Niagara Falls with your Niagara Falls Adventure Pass including admission to many of the falls attractions
- Enjoy a 3.5 hour tour of Montreal taking in over 20 points of interest
- Be charmed by Quebec City's old world atmosphere and charming narrow streets
- Visit the thundering Niagara Falls and enjoy lunch at the quaint village of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Cruise through Ontario’s Thousand Islands on the St Lawrence River
- Meet a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Montreal
- Wander through Quebec’s Old Quarter exploring its preserved historic district
- Board Lulu, a traditional lobster boat for a two-hour tour of Bar Harbor for a lobster fishing and seal watching experience
- Take a scenic train ride to the summit of Mount Washington on the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway
- Take a tour through Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory in Waterberry, indulge in your favourite flavours and take a walk through the Flavor Graveyard to pay your respects to the flavours of past years
- Wander through the grounds and rooms of Newport Mansions, former summer homes of the Astors and Vanderbilts
Our World, Your Way
One of the most trusted names in luxury travel
Over 40 years’ experience in worldwide holidays
Fully bonded and protected
We use our first-hand expertise to create a bespoke holiday
We’ve spent years establishing industry-leading contacts
Insider knowledge: our team travel to all our destinations
We get to know you personally, so your trip is perfect for you
You’ll be looked after by your own personal Travel Specialist
From meet & greets to private transfers – we’ll make it happen
On Hand When
You Need Us
24/7 assistance throughout your holiday
Our travel experts take care of you every step of the way
Our dedicated concierge team will take care of all the details